Eastern Kingdoms Safari achievement - weird travel steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eastern Kingdoms Safari achievement - weird travel steps

I've been doing the Eastern Kingdoms Safari achievement when I get a chance.
    I jumped into the guide today at step 37 and had to report the extremely weird travel steps it asked me to make. It is asking me to go to Ironforge. I am horde ?!?
    I checked back through the guide and this seems to start happening at step 34, the first one in Swamp of Sorrows. This continues to happen until step 39 where you leave Swamp of Sorrows.
    Seems the travel system has a real hard time with Swamp of Sorrows.

Zygor Guides Viewer v5.0.12442
    Guide: ACHIEVEMENTS\Pet Battles Achievements\Collect\Eastern Kingdoms Safari
    Step: 37

--- Player information ---
    Race: Tauren Class: DRUID Spec: Guardian Level: 100.00 Faction: Horde
    Position: Orgrimmar /1 50.14,37.89 (#321, zone:'Orgrimmar', realzone:'Orgrimmar', subzone:'The Western Earthshrine', minimapzone:'The Western Earthshrine', micro:'', texture:'Orgrimmar')

--- GUIDE ---
    Guide: Eastern Kingdoms Safari
    Type: ACHIEVEMENTS Parsed: yes Fully: yes
    Startlevel: nil Endlevel: nil
    Next: nil
    Steps: 91 Labels:

--- STEP ---
    map: Swamp of Sorrows#38 /0
    floor: 0
    isFocused: true
    level: 0
    needsreload: false
    (incomplete, POSSIBLE, not aux)
    Goals:
    1. "Capture Swamp Moth"
    action: text
    was_visited: false
    prepared: true
    was_clicked: false
    dirtytext: true
    2. <Earn the Swamp Moth Pet>
    action: learnpet
    done: true
    achievesub: 76
    waypoint:
    distance: 765.57381857909
    pet: Swamp Moth
    achieveid: 6586
    petid: 61370
    map: Swamp of Sorrows #38 /0 0.36,0.444 (no dist)
    Status: incomplete (incomplete, POSSIBLE, 0 progress, not aux, 'achieve sub')
    3. <?>
    modelnpc: 61370
    was_visited: false
    modelname: Swamp Moth

-- Travel Route --
    1. [2258] "Orgrimmar 50,37" = Orgrimmar 321 /1 50.1,37.9 [start] [closed] (t=0.0/0.0)
    2. [854] "Portal to Twilight Highlands" = Orgrimmar 321 /1 50.2,39.4 [portal] [closed] (mode:fly from [2258]) [my t=5.6/5.6] (t=5.6/5.6)
    3. [855] "Portal to Orgrimmar" = Twilight Highlands 700 /0 73.6,53.5 [portal] (arrival) [closed] (modeortal from [854]) [my t=15.0/15.0] (t=20.6/20.6)
    4. [564] "Dun Morogh/Ironforge border" = Dun Morogh 27 /0 60.5,33.4 [border] [closed] (mode:fly from [855]) [my t=181.8/181.8] (t=202.3/202.3)
    5. [565] "Ironforge/Dun Morogh border" = Ironforge 341 /0 18.0,82.2 [border] [closed] (mode:walk from [564]) [my t=3.8/3.8] (t=206.1/206.1)
    6. [2256] "Swamp of Sorrows 36,44" = Swamp of Sorrows 38 /0 36.0,44.4 [end] [closed] (mode:fly from [565]) [my t=185.2/185.2] (t=391.3/391.3) (waypt: Earn the Swamp Moth Pet)

Hmm, I wonder if somehow the Ironforge FP got added to your SavedVariables as being a known flight that you can take. If I'm correct the travel system relies on a list of known flight paths that are saved on a per character basis in the SavedVariables file to know where it can send you. Did you ever do a faction change with this druid or maybe create an alliance character with this name then delete it and re-create the character as horde?
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Interesting theories, but no. I have never faction changed or used the name elsewhere.
      I'll check the known FPs as they show in the error report. Should have kept those in the post.

Comment

Here are the FPs. Cannot see anything untoward in there :
        -- Flight Paths --
        Dawn's Blossom , Aktar's Post , Durotan's Grasp , Bastion Rise , Zhu's Watch , Orgrimmar , Eastwind Rest , Talon Watch , Malo's Lookout , Throm'Var , Longying Outpost , Beastwatch , Frostwolf Overlook , Nivek's Overlook , Bozzle's Wreck , Darkspear's Edge , Bloodmaul Slag Mines , Zouchin Village , Frostwall Garrison , Exarch's Refuge , Binan Village , The Ring of Trials , Retribution Point , Throne of the Elements , The Briny Muck , Thunder Bluff , Darktide Roost , Temple of the White Tiger , Thunder Cleft , Shado-Pan Garrison , Shrine of Two Moons , Gao-Ran Battlefront , Iron Docks , Dawnchaser Retreat , Vault of the Earth , Emperor's Omen , Vol'jin's Pride , Joz's Rylaks , Tavern in the Mists , Crow's Crook , Zangarra , Huojin Landing , Socrethar's Rise , Klaxxi'vess , Axefall , Stonefang Outpost , Winter's Blossom , Domination Point , The Arboretum , The Iron Front , Kota Basecamp , Serpent's Spine , Wor'var , Sen'jin Village , Serpent's Overlook , Stoneplow , Marista , Shattrath City , Terokkar Refuge , Veil Terokk , Soggy's Gamble , Razor Hill , Pinchwhistle Gearworks , Grassy Cline , Everbloom Wilds , Riverside Post , Rensai's Watchpost , Skysea Point , Everbloom Overlook , Breaker's Crown , Wor'gol , Tian Monastery , Jade Temple Grounds , Honeydew Village , Apexis Excavation , Wolf's Stand , Exile's Rise , Thunder Pass , Akeeta's Hovel , Cradle of Chi-Ji , Pang's Stead , Bladespire Fortress , Sri-La Village , Bloodhoof Village , Shado-Pan Fallback , Grookin Hill , Halfhill , Warspear , Sha'naari Refuge , Rilzit's Holdfast , Vol'mar , One Keg , Evermorn Springs , The Sunset Brewgarden

Also I should mention several things.
        1. The travel system is not telling me to go to the Ironforge FP. It is telling me to go to the Ironforge gates. So manually get there.
        2. When I was in Swamp of Sorrows and step 39 pointed to Redridge Mountains the travel system wanted me to go to Orgrimmar and then through the Dark Portal. Not just simply head north.
        3. It affects other guides for Swamp of Sorrows.
        4. I checked a low level alt to see if the same was present, but that one works ok.
        Last edited by xerty; August 2, 2015, 03:58 AM.

Comment

I'm not sure what's happening for that character. I went to the exact same spot you were in and the arrow has a proper path for me for getting that Swamp Moth. http://puu.sh/jmAHv/8fd8850887.jpg

Maybe try doing a soft reset for that character by going into the guide viewer options and in the Profile section click on the Reset Profile button. Then type /re into the chat window to reload the UI for the reset to finish.
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Comment

Yeah. It must be something screwy going on with that character. I'll try your suggestion tomorrow and report back.

Comment

Problem found and solved. Somehow the Swamp was added to the same "group of zones" as... Ironforge. Instead of being in the "south of Eastern Kingdoms" for the Travel System's calculations.

A fix will be released shortly.

Comment

Ah excellent. Glad I reported it now :-)

Comment

Originally posted by xerty View Post
                  Ah excellent. Glad I reported it now :-)
                  Indeed! Thank you for helping to make our guides better.
                  http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
                  X