Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Constructive Criticism (I Hope)

Hello,

I have been an avid fan of Zygor for years. I have been using Zygor Classic since launch, and the first 10 levels of durotor left a bit to be desired, I ended up using my own leveling routes. Once I hit around level ten, zygor was nice.

Once I got to the point where I could start running dungeons is where I started noticing some things in regards to zygor that differ from current that are just jarring, and make using it a bit challenging.

When you run a dungeon, you gain a fair amount of XP especially if you have all of the quests for the dungeon. That's great when the goal is to level up. However, if you are using zygor, you still have the old quests to go through, and since it's rounded by "Level" instead of being able to choose a zone to work through, or even a level range of a zone to work through, you end up with grey quests that don't offer any xp, that you have to complete in order to keep zygor in order. This turns into a tedious waste of time.

(Bonus, if you could add guides for getting the quests for each dungeon that would be amazing)

In later guides, you had separated off certain zones, with level ranges for each zone, and that I think would flow much smoother than what we currently have for classic. I know this is the first rendition, since classic just launched and I look forward to your future versions and improvements. Still an avid fan, and love what you guys do. Thank you for putting this guide together to have it ready for launch. I am in the top ten highest level shamans on my server thanks to your guide, and that includes having 6-8 hours of sleep per night, and stopping for dungeons

Constructive criticism is always welcome, and with the feedback we'll have to evaluate what changes may need to be made. I do have some concerns though. Some of what you describe may come down to game design. The ability to choose any zone, go there and do all the quests, then move on to another zone is a feature of retail, but Classic was never really like that. There are some zones where there just aren't any more quests available to pick up at your level. You just have to grind or go to some other zone farther away to do lower level quests, then you can come back and do more quests. We might be able to make "jumping on points", if they are at all possible, but it may come down to the fact that the game is designed this way. The way guides worked back in Vanilla, I'm afraid to say, is you really did need to follow them step by step with little room for branching off. Typically, when people would buy the guides to use on their existing partially leveled characters, we would tell them to use the smart injection system to skip through steps and start on the first incomplete step within their level range until they got in "sync" with the guide. The guides work best when you're in sync with them, and if you diverge, you may need to take the time to get back in sync with them.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Admin View Post
      Constructive criticism is always welcome, and with the feedback we'll have to evaluate what changes may need to be made. I do have some concerns though. Some of what you describe may come down to game design. The ability to choose any zone, go there and do all the quests, then move on to another zone is a feature of retail, but Classic was never really like that. There are some zones where there just aren't any more quests available to pick up at your level. You just have to grind or go to some other zone farther away to do lower level quests, then you can come back and do more quests. We might be able to make "jumping on points", if they are at all possible, but it may come down to the fact that the game is designed this way. The way guides worked back in Vanilla, I'm afraid to say, is you really did need to follow them step by step with little room for branching off. Typically, when people would buy the guides to use on their existing partially leveled characters, we would tell them to use the smart injection system to skip through steps and start on the first incomplete step within their level range until they got in "sync" with the guide. The guides work best when you're in sync with them, and if you diverge, you may need to take the time to get back in sync with them.
      I wasn't aware of that limitation. Thank you for clarifying. If it is possible, that's fantastic, if it's not, this is still the best guide I have ever used!

Comment

Working...
      X