I bought the guide once

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought the guide once

So i fully paid for the Vanilla wow guide 14-15 years ago when it were a one time payment, and now im reduced to basic version

That is a bit of a ripoff i must admit.

We're sorry you feel that way. A lot has happened in 14-15 years though. Technically, you purchased a 1-60 guide for the Retail version of the game. That guide has received multiple updates over the years, including a full rewrite when Cataclysm was released, and you still have access to download it.

Also in that time Zygor has changed business models from individual standalone purchases to an all-in-one monthly service.

WoW Classic is technically a new addition to the WoW family of products. Code wise it's not even the same game as Vanilla, as it uses a more modern API, and it required development of a new version of the addon and new guides written from scratch in this newer code format. For these reasons we sell it as part of our subscription service like all new guides.

In a perfect world we would sell guides once and be able to afford to pay developers and writers to maintain them forever at no additional cost to you. Unfortunately, that's not feasible, and our pricing is the way it is because it allows us to continue hiring talent to keep making these guides and adding awesome new features for gamers to use.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Working...
    X