Suggestion for the classic 'smart injection system'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion for the classic 'smart injection system'

I know the smart injection system has always been the Zygor thing that's been touted as unique and for the most part it's always worked out. I know vanilla wow is a lot more complicated as far as ease of questing is concerned, but I think my biggest issue right now is the inflexibility with questlines as opposed to standalones. I've found myself doing a dungeon run or two and being thrown off the assumed level of the guide, or maybe skipping a step or two for the sake of time and efficiency and found myself later punished in both cases by being unable to follow previously started questlines.

As a result, I've come to a standstill where even if I load up the next level bracket, I'm still being sent to certain quests that I've skipped the prerequisites for 10-15 levels prior. An OCD part of me just figures it's fine and I'll go back to complete grayed out quests in the interest of continuing with the flow, but it feels super unnecessary.

Example: I skipped the Wetlands run during the 1-13 Human guide since I was at an inconvenient time and couldn't quite figure out where the suicide jump was, so I decided to do some early Westfall quests; it worked out, but even in the 20-25 guide I was still continuously being sent back to Darkshore to do quests that I should've started in the 1-13 guide.

I understand that vanilla isn't nearly as straightforward as retail, but I wish that being able to skip a step or two wasn't unknowingly as punishing as it is. Even if a new path is too much to ask for, a simple note underneath a quest that starts a series would be helpful so you're forewarned that if you skip this quest you'll be potentially thrown off later. Thanks for reading my input. I'm fairly content with the guide otherwise, but I'll admit I use it less and less as I level up and then rely on it anew when I go through the 1-13 stages again (leveling with my brother, not bothered about grinding).

EDIT: Another small suggestion would be that skipping steps like setting your hearthstone at a given place shouldn't keep the guide marked as uncompleted the next time you log in. I like having my hearthstone set to a capital city so I can work on professions, use the auction house, learn new spells, e.t.c. and so I usually skip those steps and it's mildly irritating every time I log in to be greeted with an irrelevant step. Maybe even a box to tick to skip steps involving hearthstones
    Last edited by pennclick; August 30, 2019, 02:06 AM.
Working...
X