Stranglethorn Vale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stranglethorn Vale

I'm playing an Alliance priest over at Firemaw EU and have been following Zygor's guide since level 25. I'm now at the point where it tells me to go quest in Stranglethorn Vale, thinking it would be great exp.

Let me tell you something about PvP realms:
    They f***ing suck. Alliance players in general are EXTREMELY passive. They will never group up for quests, not even kill quests. They will never help out in PvP situations. They will never help each other get all the Green Hills of Stranglethorn pages.

That means that when your guide insists that you level in STV - unless you're a rogue or have a posse - you're gonna have a terrible time. Personally I got _4_ kills in one hour of the Young Stranglethorn Tigers. 4 kills. In one hour!

I tried to skip the STV part in the guide, but it just ended up bugging the entire thing and forcing LUA-errors.

So what do I think about the guide? I'm sure it's excellent if you're on a PvE realm with a hunter or mage or something. If you're on a PvP realm just forget about the guide altogether. It's not worth even going near STV. All mobs are heavily contested, PvP is happening 24/7 and the real exp/hour drops to 1000xp/hr in total, down from 25-50,000.

You need to consider the fact that STV is the absolute worst zone in the game for leveling. Heck, even in regular WoW it's a pain if you're solo. That means that a full group is more or less required to even do anything there.

Just my rant.. Not gonna bother continuing leveling with this guide.

It isn't zygor's fault you chose to level on a pvp realm during the launch of classic wow when EVERYONE will be leveling throughout highly contested zones. Are you really that delusional?

Comment

You're correct about that part. What I found annoying was being forced into a highly contested PvP zone without the option to choose a different leveling path. I tried skipping the STV-area altogether, but that resulted in LUA-errors in the app itself, like I said.

Leveling a priest is difficult. Leveling a priest alone is harder. Leveling a priest alone on a PvP realm in a highly contested zone is near impossible.

Not to worry, though, I simply re-rolled hunter and now all is well in the jungle.

Comment

Originally posted by Valfader View Post
        You're correct about that part. What I found annoying was being forced into a highly contested PvP zone without the option to choose a different leveling path. I tried skipping the STV-area altogether, but that resulted in LUA-errors in the app itself, like I said.

Leveling a priest is difficult. Leveling a priest alone is harder. Leveling a priest alone on a PvP realm in a highly contested zone is near impossible.

Not to worry, though, I simply re-rolled hunter and now all is well in the jungle.
        Welcome to god-tier leveling class! Hope you have a better experience this time. It's tough on a pvp server, especially right now.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
        X