X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genuine concern over guide

Hello Zygor team,

To start off I will say thank you for putting the effort on having both BFA and classic guides out. It is with pleasure on another account utilized now by my wife that we are using solely BFA while this one is for Classic. BFA has been top notch in terms of quality of guides, however as a customer of over 9 years now I am clearly disappointed with the quality of the classic guide.

To avoid confusion as one of the easiest things in the world is to just moan and say oh my god this is terrible, I will try and put constructive feedback :

A)Leveling and taking quests

Three times already in different parts of the guide till now on level 19, I had to drop quests to follow it as the quest limit is maximum. Did you guys/girls even seriously test the guide?

B)Questing and xp

I appreciate having played since vanilla that Classic has the bad of back and forth between zones. Acceptable 100%. What i do find NOT acceptable is asking us to pick up quests for example on level 14 on silverpine, making a whole circle arriving on level 19 in barrens and we STILL have not completed those level 14 quests. I appreciate the logic of stacking quests for quest xp eventionally, but what is the point of actually wasting time for XP that is MINIMAL by that time just to ahve a small boost from completion.

C)The grinding part.

Vanilla I appreciate you can't have everything as you want and at times you have to grind to get some extra XP. Should you have re-arranged a little bit the quests from point above and NOT making a JOANA look alike guide (YES, prove me different on this accusation), xp/ hour would be much better. Grinding can not be avoided we agree, but genuinely i feel you have taken the lazy road.

D)Multiple zones of questing yet stuck on one destroying xp/hour.

The guides have been made clear they are not speed leveling guides, however do you really want to come and tell me that you can't re-arrange quests for maximum xp/hour?

E)Class quests

Simple question. Where are they? I mean come on, you are doing a leveling guide and you are missing on the MOST important part of a player's journey?

F)Other options proven much faster and more efficient for leveling.

I have never complained over your guides before, but genuinely, have you not even made the effort to look at what others have done? With your guide i made a test following it by heart on a second character. Then made a third to 13, using other guides. Like can I say Jesus? Quest's don't differ much let us put this forward, but come on do you really want to claim that a private server guide for instance is killing you when it comes to usage and usefulness and xp/hour inclusive of class questing?

G)False advertisement

Your guide you claim to do 1-60. Accepted really as in the past you had a guide for 1-60. My concern over the LYING part, is it is physically impossible for you to make sure that the guide is correct from 1-60 when really on the beta servers the max level was 43. That applies of course to every guide out there to put things into perspective. So should we expect major surprises that guide is outdated as we approach those levels?
    For the above there is NO argument i feel as literally you would be making a joke out of all the serious players following and being passionate over vanilla. How much stress can we as players endure if you just pull out another updated guide to just say hey we got 1-60?

H)Mobs and spawns vs locations on Zygor.

Zygor on retail has on point locations for many mobs so when you can't find a mob you go around to another area to kill and loot. I will give the great example of Raptor horns where LITERALLY you shows us TWO spawns on a horrible drop rate item, where in reality I can sit down and screenshot you 5 (YES 5!)Different spots to work through the quest. Has anyone reviewed at all the fact that people can waste potentially an hour due to bad drop rates because from clear laziness you did not put MORE SPAWN POINT examples? I feel for the quality that Zygor can produce this is unacceptable.

I have cancelled my subscription, not out of spite as I have had great experiences with Zygor and for retail is by far the best guide out there.(Maybe AAP is a close one).

You have to improve. The product put out just now on the state it is for good fans of Zygor, is a slap in the face. I want to have a constructive conversation with the support team as I feel you CAN IMPROVE. But the product just out now, was a clear cashgrab i feel.

What level are you at?

A) Try using the quest log clean-up button at the top right of the viewer. It might be that you're picking up quests that are not in the guide, or the quests are used for certain situations. Either way, I've had that happen myself once, and that was due to me picking up a quest that wasn't on the guide.

B) Classic has you going back and fourth. This is a problem with the questing direction in the game, not with Zygor. In reality, it's a good idea that saves you from running back and fourth. If there's 3 points; Point A, B, and C, WoW often will have breadcrumb quests that send you from A to C that unlock more quest chains in C, but you need to quest in B first. So to save you from having to go back to A, to then go to C, after finishing B, they have you hold onto them.

C) People don't have to prove your accusations, burden of proof is on you, bud. Grinding in classic is just a reality. Do a dungeon, and you wont hit these.

D)They have

E)Class quests are merged in with leveling quests. It will automatically redirect you to them, without popping up a seperate quest guide. They've worked for both my Druid and my Warrior.

F) Other options? This is a quest guide, not a "other options guide"

G) Zygor was around since before Cata, bro. They already have all the quest data there for post 45.

Really sounds like you don't understand classic, and are just getting butthurt about the game, tbh.

Comment

Do NOT use the quest clean up button right now. It will abandon quests you need.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by ZG Support 1 View Post
        Do NOT use the quest clean up button right now. It will abandon quests you need.
        Can I have a response please? Level 23 on rogue and still no clas quests.

I really want to have a genuine conversation

Comment

Originally posted by Sythriox View Post
          What level are you at?

A) Try using the quest log clean-up button at the top right of the viewer. It might be that you're picking up quests that are not in the guide, or the quests are used for certain situations. Either way, I've had that happen myself once, and that was due to me picking up a quest that wasn't on the guide.

B) Classic has you going back and fourth. This is a problem with the questing direction in the game, not with Zygor. In reality, it's a good idea that saves you from running back and fourth. If there's 3 points; Point A, B, and C, WoW often will have breadcrumb quests that send you from A to C that unlock more quest chains in C, but you need to quest in B first. So to save you from having to go back to A, to then go to C, after finishing B, they have you hold onto them.

C) People don't have to prove your accusations, burden of proof is on you, bud. Grinding in classic is just a reality. Do a dungeon, and you wont hit these.

D)They have

E)Class quests are merged in with leveling quests. It will automatically redirect you to them, without popping up a seperate quest guide. They've worked for both my Druid and my Warrior.

F) Other options? This is a quest guide, not a "other options guide"

G) Zygor was around since before Cata, bro. They already have all the quest data there for post 45.

Really sounds like you don't understand classic, and are just getting butthurt about the game, tbh.
          Some feedback since I don’t understand classic. Zygor themselves originally didn’t want to do the guide. Look around in the forums and has been mentioned they don’t have vanilla data anymore and have to readjust quests.

In our guild people using Classic have confirmed rogue, shaman, warlock quests are not incorporated in the guide.

Other points I won’t address as feel it’s just a troll attempt when there is another thread mentioning the exact same issues on the forum but split across pages.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephox View Post
            Some feedback since I don’t understand classic. Zygor themselves originally didn’t want to do the guide. Look around in the forums and has been mentioned they don’t have vanilla data anymore and have to readjust quests.

In our guild people using Classic have confirmed rogue, shaman, warlock quests are not incorporated in the guide.
            I'm not sure why you're saying these things, but all of this is completely false... We never stated we did not want to do a guide for Classic. In fact, it was the total opposite, we were excited lol. Additionally, we still have every single version of the guide we've ever released. We use versioning software. Perhaps you misunderstood when we said that the old guides will not work on Classic, due to the addon API being completely different, so we had to recreate the addon. The old guides had a LOT more grinding, which is why we altered the guides to add a lot more quests to try to minimize the grinding. Even with more quests, there's no way to avoid grinding in Classic when trying to level with solo questing.

As for class quests, we include quests that award some type of ability, including Shaman totem quests and Warlock pet quests. We do not include class quests that only award gear. As for rogue, we will look into that, thanks.
            http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Comment

I think he has a better understanding for the problem than you actually do. The problem resolution isn't "Classic has you going back and fourth" that information is incorrect. I've gone from 12-20 in the Barrens comfortably without the need to travel anywhere else or over grind 20-30% on a experience bar. All its required from is that I do all the quests available in that particular area and its been awesome and "YES" this is without the help of my Zygor because I don't feel like travelling 20 minutes out just to turn around and come back. I still have the quest that sends me to Silverpine on my log but I'll do that when I feel its relevant to travel to that area and quest in that area if its needed at all.

The real issue is that the guide was not put together properly and this is obvious with the way in which the guide is constructed and the lack of information leading up to the actual release.

Ultimately the Zygor team did what they could with what they had at the time. There is definitely a difference between grinding and running around inefficiently to grind. You should not need to grind 20-30 or even 10% of an experience bar when there are so many quests readily available to you that assists the so-called grind.

I think grind is the incorrect term because its all part of the leveling experience I would prefer to call it as it is "leveling".

Clean up log is the worst thing you can do because it will basically remove quests needed no doubt because thats the way the zygor guide is normally intended. Retail will give you the option to use clean up log and that's only when they feel you've capped out your leveling experience in a particular area, once again, its provided to you as an option only.

I really dislike when people use the "Sounds like you don't understand Classic?" which is incorrect again. We totally understand classic, what we don't understand is the inefficiency of the guide and how its pathing us into areas unnecessarily. I dropped the Zygor guide at level 12. There was no way I was going to Silverpine as a Tauren when I know for a fact that Barrens is the place I should be. Now, 16 hours later maybe even longer, I'm level 20 and I've enjoyed every bit of that process working through on my own in the heart of the barrens.

Where to next is the question I have to ask myself.

Comment

In reference to this, quest clean up button should be fixed now everybody. It was fixed in version 1.0.20806.
                Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Does the quest clearn up include dungeon quests that have been started and are ongoing?

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post

As for class quests, we include quests that award some type of ability, including Shaman totem quests and Warlock pet quests. We do not include class quests that only award gear. As for rogue, we will look into that, thanks.
                    Um... the priest class quest Desperate Prayer.. that awards our desperate prayer spell was not on the quest log...

Comment

Originally posted by ben7ani View Post
                      Does the quest clearn up include dungeon quests that have been started and are ongoing?
                      The quest cleanup will try to abandon any quest that's not in our guides, so it will try to abandon dungeon quests. If you're not following the guide exactly, and are accepting and wanting to keep quests not in our guides, you're best off not using the quest cleanup feature.

Originally posted by Saztam View Post
                      Um... the priest class quest Desperate Prayer.. that awards our desperate prayer spell was not on the quest log...
                      Hmm, okay, we'll look into this, thanks.
                      http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Comment

Chens Empty Keg

This quest turned grey for me before zygor told me to turn it in why?

Comment

I cannot agree more with your post, OP. I loved using Zygor in the past, but I feel as if this guide is bug filled and was made in a rush.

Literally all of your points are spot on.

Comment

I concur with the OP of this thread completely.
                            I have stopped using Zygor and now use something else, just so I can play the game and have fun.
                            One of these days, hopefully, they will get off their butts and take it seriously.

I hate it when I see folks in chat laughing at and about Zygor and it's "go >here< and ding a level" guide.
                            I think Zygor should pull this guide until it's ready to be used.
                            So much reputation damage going on now.

Comment

100% agree with everything said here and appreciate it's stated in a constructive manner. I've purchased and now cancelled my subscription to Zygor within 5 days of using this guide. For me, the breaking point is Desolace. I was already wondering why the Guide had so much grinding, which was really disappointing, but now I've had level 33: Grind 40% of your level and now level 34: Grind 55% percent of your level.

I have a full quest log and many quests (even green!) to turn in. Overall, the quality of the plugin is amazing, but the quality of the guide is not worth the money.

P.S. It would be cool to hear from the Zygor team about these concerns. It seems like this thread was read, but in no way have the support team addressed any concerns -- which is one big reason I cancelled. Please listen to customer feedback!
                              Last edited by ebonflo; September 5, 2019, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X