New Elite Member Unsubbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Elite Member Unsubbing

This is the 2nd time I've used Zygor's guide. However, I've found this guide to be extremely disappointing compared to Joana's guide. I've been killing mobs as I go from point A to point B but still around 24-25 I'm grinding out 3/4 of a level which is a bit ridiculous. Averaging around 2:30 per level even with the addon pointing me. I've religiously followed the addon since level 1 and have been consistently disappointed.

I tried switching over to Joana's guide last night and found it much more bearable. Only grinding half a bar at times. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to unsub. Just wanted to give the feedback here.

I've also just cancelled my subscription. Frankly using no guide would likely be more efficient than this (I've tried sticking it out upto level 30 but the nonsense still persists).

Here's my feedback.

1. Cost - If you compare the value of this guide Vs the value of retail, this is an absolute rip off - yes you gain access to the retail guides, but I (probably like many others) have zero interest, I think if this guide had been offered alone at a significantly reduced cost (i'd say maybe a price point of around $3.99) with an upgrade option if and when you start to add new guides - you offer 5 additional guides for retail on top of the levelling guide, and it's the same cost as it is for classic.

2. Bugs - I've seen it mentioned you have versioned software, so basically you still have all the old classic guides from the past, why on earth are there so many bugs in the guide, even at lower levels, I can understand the odd quest missing or something but for steps to be completely wrong at low level shouldn't be happen with a guide that should have had so much work put into it overall.

3. The nonsense levelling system - I see the excuses for this from the extremely defensive support team yet there's many many people that are quite frankly ripping it to shreds. I completely understand and appreciate you need to grind in classic (Hell i remember having to grind entire levels just to be able to do other quests). But to have me sit and grind half a level to get to the next level whilst I have multiple green or even grey quests in my quest log simply should not be happening.

4. The most important thing for me - No acknowledgement from the team to say they're not happy with the state of the guides, everyone who says anything bad gets shot down simply saying thats how it is in classic. I'm sorry team but you have to at some point hold your hands up and say you're not happy with them and give a plan of what you intend to do to resolve the situation in the long term.

I was very happy to see Zygor offering a guide for Classic which would be ready for launch. I've been left disappointed.

Comment

Can agree to that:

1. Costs are much to high...7,99€ for a bugged Guide with lacking Features it had in the past. 50€ for a complete 2 Faction Guide for a whole addon was fine, but 96€ per year for this quality? No way!

2. Still plenty of bugs, mostly in wayfinding. Let me give u an example. My Hearthstone is bound at Mezzamere in Nazjatar and i'm questing somewhere (doesn't matter, where). The Guide wants me to go to Boralus or maybe Silithus. Easiest way would be to hearthstone to Mezzamere and use the Portal to Boralus (and then in Boralus the Portal to Silithus). But no, ur Guide wants to use the Stone to Dalaran and then send me through the portal to Stormwind and then to Boralus. WTF? ANother example: i'm standing 10m away from the NPC to turn in a quest and ur Guide wants me to use the Whistle or Hearthstone and use the next Griffon to fly to the NPCs i'm standing at?
      Another annoying bug: reveal whole map reveals the map if it's disabled. Nice work!

3. Missing features! Step completion by colors is gone, 3D viewer of targets is gone, icons for gold, silver etc. are gone (u now only have 12g34s56c or just 123456), still no translation in other languages, different designs for the viewer are gone etc.

4. Useless guides: mostly reputation guides. The Rep guide for Blood Elves just sais "get the Tabard, reach exalted, u have reached the end of the guide". There is no guide in this.

5. U r just defending ur classic "non guiding" guide with "thats how it worked in classic" and thats just not correct. U had good classic guides but the actual classic guide is just a big joke at our costs. And there is so much missing in this guide for classic. Reputation guides (Guides, not a "get tabard and reach exalted" bs), Zone guides, Dungeon guides (including dungeon quests), Gold guides, mount & Pet guides...

6. Last but not least: The kind of explaining things in ur guides. If in a quest u have to loot barrels the guide says "They are looking like barrels all around the area": Really? They are not looking LIKE, the ARE barrels, for gods sake!

Ok, enough criticism, time to cancel the subsciption until this guide reaches the quality u can expect when paying 8€ per month.

Comment

Working...
      X