OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here have anything positive to say?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here have anything positive to say?

Just curious. I understand the frustration. But I'm confident these routes are part of the process. I remember people suggesting routes just like this back in 2004/05/06. This is the fastest I've ever leveled so far in vanilla. And this guide has helped me stay on track more than anything. I don't know, just curious if anyone else out there had any positive experience so far.

I played in vanilla back in 2004, got to 60 over months of play. Now coming back to classic there really isn't anything left for me to discover, I just want to hit 60 without all of those, "where do I go next moments" I had when I originally played. Currently I am 34 with 2 days played on my priest using the current classic guide. Sure, this could have been optimized better, and some of the running does get tedious, but overall I've had zero issues leveling and, I actually enjoy the fact that I am over-leveled for most quests I am doing. As a priest fighting things that are equal or higher than me I find to be slower and overall a net loss in xp gained as I have to drink after almost every pull or two. Just to beat a dead horse at this point, I like the guide, the convenience of the add-on out weighs the pain points for me like running between 3 zones to turn in 2 quests.

Comment

I've levelled to 22 so far and had no issues.. my /played is better than what it was on my other character without a guide. I agree with everything the above comment says too. Really happy with it.

Comment

while it can stink to travel back and forth....with night elves probably having it the worst initially due to class quests. The guide has been simple enough to follow and the curve has been smooth. Just did darkshore in full and the curve is nasty as a druid i can tell you and sucks towards the end where you need to group for a lot of the quests.

Zygor's seems to skip these quests in mind.

Although an option for those who wish to just straight up grind it out wouldn't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by nephew View Post
          Just curious. I understand the frustration. But I'm confident these routes are part of the process. I remember people suggesting routes just like this back in 2004/05/06. This is the fastest I've ever leveled so far in vanilla. And this guide has helped me stay on track more than anything. I don't know, just curious if anyone else out there had any positive experience so far.
          Yea me. Im following the guide with my daughter and me. I also solo a priest and we follow the guide exactly and have no problem with it. We level very fast. No back tracking. We dont do dungeons. We also having fun in ashenvale encountering horde while trying to do the quest etc..

The tomtom pointer in combination with the automatically steps going forward and red , grey and green color coded. I love it

Sometimes we wondered, HEE, this quest the guide doesnt take. Why not . And we tried the quest and it was a SJIT quest so we understanded why they skipped it. Were following it now exactly skipping all the quests the guide also skips

Comment

I have been using Zygors guides for over 10 years, (last guides I used/purchased were for WOD, which is when I took my last break before returning for classic)

I think most of the people complaining haven’t really played vanilla, and are just trying to get to 60 as fast as possible like the top streamers and Method.

The reality is that this is exactly as I remember levelling all those years ago.
            The journey is not a quick one, but I like not having to struggle with high level mobs, which ends up taking more time and effort when you are solo levelling.
            While Zone hoping is not the most fun, I have found it to be pretty easy, and when it starts to drag I just try and do a dungeon or profession levelling or fishing to break up the levelling.

While like everyone else I can’t wait to get to 60, I’m okay with taking it slow, doing quests I haven’t done for 7-8 years, walking around is also something new (if every bit as tedious as it was in vanilla). I am also 15 years older, with less time to spend grinding and doing all-nighters.

I just appreciate the fact that with Zygors guide, I just pick up the quests, kill the mobs and follow the path, and I don’t have to worry about anything, I’m not googling where to level next, where the next quest is, what the quest chains I need are, I’m not worried about which quests I should or should not pick up. I just enjoy it, catch up with old friends on discord (the new Ventrilo of Vanilla) and casually work my way through the levels.
            Don’t get me wrong, I have skipped one or 2 quests along the way, but one of them was timed, and the quest creatures I was trying to kill were being killed by 8 other players and no one was able to complete the quest, so it was easier to just move on to the next steps and there was no additional quest that I needed to get before I moved on.

The only downside I have is where you enter contested areas (when solo), or majority horde/alliance zones, where you are competing with the other faction groups, and are getting ganked by groups of higher level players or large groups, but that’s no different than the old days, its just there is currently a lot of traffic is every zone. And on a 1v1 basis its fine, because I win more than I lose, it’s the 2-3(or more)v1 which are a bit draining.
            But again I just break it up with a dungeon or fishing or just log off for the day.

People just need to take some time and enjoy the game without rushing to 60 and complaining about what they think they remember… (zones were definitely not a thing before Cata and that was also a game design change which blizzard made from Cata as part of the further simplification and balance of the game which just continued onwards)

On a side note, having been reading though so many complaints it’s sad to see that even after so many years, people haven’t learnt how to break up their walls of text to make it easier to read…

I also guess this makes me one of the few happy customers, while I cant say that I will keep the guide subscription for more than the couple of months it takes me to level a character or 2, I just appreciate all the hard work someone else has done to make my life just a little easier.

Thanks Zygor, for all your help with this classic guide, and all your other previous guides of the expansions, you are the only one I keep returning to when I want to achieve something in WoW.

While I'm sure you will come back and add some additional efficiency into the guides, as they are I personally find them really easy and helpful.

Comment

I like the guide, been using Zygors since vanilla, there are valid criticisms with the current product and as the heat of the moment is here those are coming out but Overall Zygor's is great, the in game ui is absolutely stellar and I intend to keep subscribed as long as the classic content continues to be supported. Let's get these leveling guides in tip top shape and then maybe some offshoots like onyxia keying guides, dungeon quest prep guides, profession guides, etc.

Comment

I do have something positive to say.

I really like the guide, as was said, its good we slightly outlevel quests, because it makes them easier to make, so the guide is actually friendly to first time vanillers

But ofc the guide could use some improvements, optimizing here and there, for instance drop the 'travel 30 minutes to the second place to do 1 quest', if we travel let us do at least couple of quests, so the travel is not wasted.

Also i would like the 'include dungeong prequests' option so ppl can actually do a prequests for dungeons quests, because it can also get confusing with vanilla.

Overall i am quite ok with the guide, but IT NEEDS some improvements and optimizations.

Comment

I like Cucumber.

Comment

Personally, I think this iteration of Zygor has been pretty disappointing. I have been spoiled by good QA and a solid leveling path in past guides, and I have been a member on and off since WotLK. I might come back and try it later... but to answer your question.. I don't have much positive to say about it.

Comment

Answering the OP's question: Not really. Great example of this is I am lvl 43.5, finished up some things in Dustwallow and it says grind on mobs to 44. I skip that and then the next step is flying over to Desolace to complete level 38 quests!

Edit: If that isn't bad enough, the steps after Desolace have you go kill lvl 41 mobs in Tanaris (the entry quests into Gadgetzan).

Edit #2: Another example is lvl 47, says to grind on snapjaw turtles in the area until 48. But yet doesn't have you get the two quests on the dock in Revantusk village. These are just some examples, there is literally 20 or 30 of these throughout the whole guide.
                      Last edited by overbuilt; September 8, 2019, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X