Efficiency Update GIVE US A CHOICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Efficiency Update GIVE US A CHOICE

Hate the new guides. Please give us the option to choose which set of guides we want to use.

Really upset over this change and not having the option to choose the first set of guides you folks put out and am really considering canceling my sub for these guides.

You have the hard core Vanilla players playing wow fine put the guides out for how they want them but give us more casual players back the guides we were using.

I can't be that hard since you already have the newer guides done since thats what we have been using since release. That way you are making everyone happy and not just one group of people.

I have seen many other posts asking the same thing so not everyone is liking the Efficiency updated guides.

What don't you like about them?

The reason there is no option is because the Efficiency Update is objectively better and having two guides means double the amount of guides to manage and double the amount of support issues to deal with which doesn't make sense when almost all the issues are fixed in the Efficiency Update. Is it because you think you're gonna have to grind more because even in our basic tests we were having to grind LESS with the new guides than the old ones, as it seemed our efforts to make the guides more relaxed actually drastically slowed down the leveling process. Or are you just not liking them because it takes a little bit of time to get in sync with them because once you're synced up the difference should be noticeably improved. More info about your experience once you're synced and using the guides for a few levels would be helpful.

Note that we are going to add in alternative zone guides like Silverpine after the Alliance Efficiency Update goes live for players to have the option to choose their own experience more.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

I think I get what he's driving at, but it may be off base I guess. He's feeling like the update may have trimmed some quests in favor of a more streamlined "hurry up and get to 60" approach rather than "we're in Classic so let's enjoy our journey to 60"

But from your response it sounds like you may have even added quests to remove some mob grinding?

I guess we're just confused about what changed and could use more transparency.

Comment

For one the Navigation has changed and now it just gives the arrow as a crow flies no direction. For instance questing in Sun Rock doing the quest to kill
        twilight runners it is 1.2 miles according to the arrow from Sun Rock to these Cats. Arrow would before tell you Follow the path and then make sure you were staying on the right paths to get to location. Now its just and arrow that points to where you are to do the objective as crows fly.... I spent 30 minutes after the update trying to find my way to the location as it was pointing me over mountains.... SO NOT WHAT I PAY FOR A GUIDE FOR.

Comment

Originally posted by algerhugz View Post
          For one the Navigation has changed and now it just gives the arrow as a crow flies no direction. For instance questing in Sun Rock doing the quest to kill
          twilight runners it is 1.2 miles according to the arrow from Sun Rock to these Cats. Arrow would before tell you Follow the path and then make sure you were staying on the right paths to get to location. Now its just and arrow that points to where you are to do the objective as crows fly.... I spent 30 minutes after the update trying to find my way to the location as it was pointing me over mountains.... SO NOT WHAT I PAY FOR A GUIDE FOR.

It sounds like you skipped over some steps. Travel lines to navigate you on the little paths along the way are built into the individual steps, so if you skip over some steps, you may not see those. So if you go back a few steps, you should see the travel lines to get you to the cats. Then once you arrive in the general area of the cats, skip forward a few steps again to be back on the actual cats step. Hope that helps.
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
          X