Enchanting Guide - Missed oppotunity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enchanting Guide - Missed oppotunity

I made this suggestion a few months back, before there was a profession forum for Classic, but it was completely ignored/overlooked. So seeing as this is actually a very big oversight, I'm going to repost it - Apologies in advance if that's a problem:

Hello Zygor,

For leveling Enchanting from 2 to 50 (2, because of enchanting rod), it is quite silly to not take advantage of the skill points you would gain from merely disenchanting any item (even max level ones). The guide does not do this, and instead tells you to do Enchant Bracers - Minor Health (Step 6) with the materials you were told to gather in Step 5. You would get these skill points from Disenchanting alone up to 50, and could then do Enchant Bracers - Minor Healther from 50 to 75, which you would easily have the materials for, had you disenchanted low level greens, up to skill 50.

So, in other words, change the Enchanting Leveling Guide to be:
    Enchanting 01-02 : Runed Copper Rod.
    Enchanting 02-50 : Disenchant ANY greens (Preferably most of them, being ones granting Strange Dust).
    Enchanting 50-75 : Enchant Bracers - Minor Health.

Thanks

The guide has you get 75 Strange Dust via disenchanting. Taking worse case scenario and you get 2 Strange Dust for each disenchant that means you will need to disenchant 38 items. That will put you at a skill of 40 if you get a point for every disenchant. Now we know you won't always get 2 Strange Dust for every disenchant so there is a good possibility of hitting 50 while doing step 5. I do not see what the problem is here since we basically told you to do exactly what you want us to tell you to do in step 5.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

The problem is that the guide also tells you to acquire this dust from the Auction House, as an alternative to Disenchanting. And seeing as that is faster, cheaper (because time is money, and 75 would cost less than 1g on most servers), and more effective (what this guide is all about), that is naturally what you do. It doesn't mention anything about reaching 50/50 Enchanting through Disenchanting - Just that you need to get the 75 Stange Dust.
      Who knows? You could even just had sent the dust from an alt, friend or guildy etc.
      So I guess what Im trying to say is that it's misleading.

zygorenchanting.JPG
      Last edited by Razid; July 27, 2020, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X