Zygor Lua error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor Lua error

Hello, I get this LUA error when i load into my character, and I can't change guides (no guides found in the zygor viewer).

I have the latest update for zygor, and also latest for ELVUI.
    (It worked fine last night, before Elvui update).

I have deleted zygorguides viewer addon from my wow folder, and I checked SavedVariables, and no zygor files were found there.

I re-installed zygorguides addon from your zygor client, but still i get the same error.

Here is the LUA error I recieve:
    Code:
    Message: [string "_SelfUpdate()  return not not (G.UnitSex("p..."]:1: attempt to index global 'G' (a nil value)
    Time: Thu Oct 22 18:55:47 2020
    Count: 1
    Stack: [string "_SelfUpdate()  return not not (G.UnitSex("p..."]:1: attempt to index global 'G' (a nil value)
    [string "=[C]"]: ?
    [string "_SelfUpdate()  return not not (G.UnitSex("player")==3)"]:1: in main chunk
    [string "=(tail call)"]: ?
    [string "@Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Goal.lua"]:2229: in function `GetStatus'
    [string "@Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Goal.lua"]:2242: in function `UpdateStatus'
    [string "@Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Step.lua"]:40: in function `IsComplete'
    [string "@Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Guide.lua"]:251: in function `GetCompletion'
    [string "@Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Skins\Default\ViewerFrame.lua"]:461: in function `Update'
    [string "@Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewer.lua"]:1330: in function `SetGuide'
    [string "@Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Tabs.lua"]:516: in function `ActivateGuide'
    [string "@Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Tabs.lua"]:376: in function <Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Tabs.lua:376>

Locals:

I'm having the same problem

Message: ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:892: ERROR in startup frame 86: [string "_SelfUpdate() return not not (G.UnitSex("p..."]:1: attempt to index global 'G' (a nil value)
    in
    [string "_SelfUpdate() return not not (G.UnitSex("player")==3)"]:1: in main chunk
    [string "@Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Goal.lua"]:2229: in function `GetStatus'
    [string "@Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Goal.lua"]:2242: in function `UpdateStatus'
    [string "@Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Step.lua"]:40: in function `IsComplete'
    [string "@Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Guide.lua "]:251: in function `GetCompletion'
    [string "@Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Skins\Default \ViewerFrame.lua"]:461: in function `Update'
    [string "@Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesVi ewer.lua"]:1330: in function `SetGuide'
    [string "@Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesVi ewer.lua"]:1015: in function `LoadInitialGuide'
    [string "@Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesVi ewer.lua"]:517: in function `Startup_LoadGuides_Threaded'
    [string "@Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesVi ewer.lua"]:748: in function <...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesView er.lua:677>

Time: Thu Oct 22 15:07:30 2020
    Count: 1
    Stack: ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:892: ERROR in startup frame 86: [string "_SelfUpdate() return not not (G.UnitSex("p..."]:1: attempt to index global 'G' (a nil value)
    in
    [string "_SelfUpdate() return not not (G.UnitSex("player")==3)"]:1: in main chunk
    [string "@Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Guide.lua "]:251: in function `GetCompletion'
    [string "@Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Skins\Default \ViewerFrame.lua"]:461: in function `Update'
    [string "@Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesVi ewer.lua"]:1330: in function `SetGuide'
    [string "@Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesVi ewer.lua"]:1015: in function `LoadInitialGuide'
    [string "@Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesVi ewer.lua"]:517: in function `Startup_LoadGuides_Threaded'
    [string "@Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesVi ewer.lua"]:748: in function <...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesView er.lua:677>

[string "=[C]"]: ?
    [string "=[C]"]: in function `error'
    [string "@Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesVi ewer.lua"]:892: in function `StartupStep'
    [string "@Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\MasterFrame.l ua"]:7: in function <Interface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\MasterFrame.lu a:5>

Locals:

Comment

I can confirm that ElvUI and Zygor work together with no problems. I am running latest version of ElvUI, BenikUI, and Nuts&Bolts along with the guides and there are no errors of any kind. Try doing a full guide reset.

1. exit WoW
      2. go to the WoW/_retail_/Interface/Addons folder and delete the ZygorGuidesViewer folder
      3. go to the WoW/_retail_/WTF/Account/<your account name here>/SavedVariables folder and delete the Zygor files in there
      4. run the desktop client and install a fresh copy of the guides
      5. go back in game to test and let me know if that fixed it

If you find an empty SavedVariables folder that means you are not looking in the correct one. There are several SavedVariables folders in the WTF directory tree but only 1 of them will have the Zygor files.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Ok, I've run into Draenor fast and confirmed that there is an error there with only Zygor running. We are investigating and will have it fixed as soon as we can.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
        X