My book finally arrived!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My book finally arrived!!

I have been a software/web developer for many years now, but never bothered to learn LUA. I just bought a book on learning LUA through WoW addons!

I can't wait to get started!

Hello,

It wouldn't happen to be "Beginning Lua with World of Warcraft Addons", would it? ;-). Honestly, I learned a lot more just making custom things for Garry's Mod, such as a private gamemode I'm working on right now. Tell me how the book is, though, I got kinda bored after the fourth chapter :-P. I couldn't think of any original Addons I wanted to create.

When I merged from 9 years of C++ programming to attempt LUA, all it takes is reading a function and then switching it over really fast. LUA is extremely easy, and I just love programming for it. That's all I do when I get home from work other than check the forums, of course other then testing what new features I've implemented ;-).

Silverhawk11
    It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

I am a Java guy myself =)

And yup! That is the book... im just using it to wrap my brain around LUA (should be too big of a deal). I have plenty of little ideas from my guild so we shall see... I will definitely let you know how the book is though.

Comment

gl mate I srly cant get into that, my brain would explode :P
        Need to change my tatic, no power lvling until I get room on my realm again or am very bored

Comment

Hello,

If you ever need help, send me a PM and I'll help ya' out ;-).

Silverhawk11

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk11 View Post
            Hello,

If you ever need help, send me a PM and I'll help ya' out ;-).

Silverhawk11
            silverhawk11 gains +10 Cool Points

Comment

/cheer

For the horde!

Comment

For the.... Horde? No,no,no.. For the Alliance

So. Both of you are doing som programing eh? Then both of you can help me out with something x)

First of all: I'm trying to learn PhP. But since i got a minor problem I can't get further into the lesson i'm at. I can't use my computer as an server. I need this to be able to see if my coding where correct. Need to se that I passed "Hello Word" thingy. x)

Second of all: Any very good sites i can learn PhP and other programing languages on?

Sorry my English :P

And for those of us that got little to non experience with programing: How hard is LUA?

And: Congrats with your book

Comment

kjellboy,

You don't say what OS you're running or what server you need. However, if you're running a Windows OS, you could check if Microsoft Virtual PC will install (free download from Microsoft) and if it won't, you might try VMWare. Either way, create a virtual machine and load an appropriate OS (evaluation copy of Windows Server 2008 or Linux or ...)

Originally posted by kjellboy View Post
                  For the.... Horde? No,no,no.. For the Alliance

First of all: I'm trying to learn PhP. But since i got a minor problem I can't get further into the lesson i'm at. I can't use my computer as an server. I need this to be able to see if my coding where correct. Need to se that I passed "Hello Word" thingy. x)

And: Congrats with your book

Comment

Startet my own topic for this so i don't hijack this in any possible way :P

I'il repeat myself: Congrats with the book and good luck with your programing.

Comment

Working...
                    X