Addon suggestion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Addon suggestion?

Anyone ever heard of or used an addon that assigns stat weights based on your class, and rates equipment based on that weight to tell you if the item in question would be an upgrade for your class and talent spec? (i know theres rating buster and addons like that... but i still have to do some math to determine if the item is indeed worth the upgrade im looking for something that will weigh stats in determining if it is indeed worth upgrading)

Originally posted by fccfed97 View Post
    Anyone ever heard of or used an addon that assigns stat weights based on your class, and rates equipment based on that weight to tell you if the item in question would be an upgrade for your class and talent spec? (i know theres rating buster and addons like that... but i still have to do some math to determine if the item is indeed worth the upgrade im looking for something that will weigh stats in determining if it is indeed worth upgrading)
    Sounds like an interesting idea... I haven't heard of any guides like this, and I think the main reason would be that everyone has different ideas on stats... eg I was stacking +sta and +def on my DK for tanking, then Blizzard came out swinging with the nerf bat in their oversized fists and beat the crap out of the DK class.... to the point that DK tanks.. well... tank. So I had to switch to DPS. I now stack +str and +crit

IMHO, Stat stacking depends on things like play style, spec etc, and the player should really try to have a deep understanding of the mechanics of their chosen class... sometimes making that small sacrifice in one stat for a boost in another is useful, other times it's a huge blunder.... and something that should really be evaluated by the individual player...

An add-on could be viable if your preferred class and spec was selectable or auto-detected (based on your talent point distribution) eg tank/dps/heal etc... and whether you want PVP/PVE/Raid gear...

Comment

Yup I use it every day. It is called pawn. I assign weights to every stat (including gem slot colors).

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ails/pawn.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by themuffinman View Post
        Yup I use it every day. It is called pawn. I assign weights to every stat (including gem slot colors).

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ails/pawn.aspx
        awesome exactly what i was looking for thanks

Comment

No problem! =)

Comment

Working...
          X