Future Bonus or addition to guide idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future Bonus or addition to guide idea

I really like the way these guides work and auto determine what you have done. I was trying to figure out how to make a mod similar to this for profession leveling and realize that was way over my head. What about making a version of the guide that also works for power leveling the professions.

quick example:
    Cooking:
    1. Go to cooking trainer in nearest major city and get apprentice cooking.

<once the player learns the apprentice cooking skill the guide moves to step 2>

2. 1 - 40 Make 60 x [Spice Bread] = 60 [Simple Flour], 60 Mild Spices

<once the player reaches level 40 it moves to step 3>

3. 40-80 Make 40 x [Smoked Bear Meat] - 40 [Bear Meat]
    Usually where are bears, there are Wolves too. Kill those and you can cook [Spiced Wolf Meat], also.

4. At 75 skill, visit your trainer in order to to learn Journeyman Cooking.
    <The guide could use the current location to direct the player to the nearest trainer>
    5. ....
    <When a certain recipe is needed the guide will direct the player where to to go to get it>

The guide would track as you progress and then show the next step that is needed and where is the best place to go to farm these items or gives the required items that are needed to be purchased from the AH.

Hello elgor,

First off, I want to say 'thank you' for posting in the correct section. This actually made me extremely happy :-D. Second, I think your idea is pretty good, in all honesty. Although, not a lot of people enjoy working with professions as it does tend to slow down leveling time, which may be a problem.

I personally would love to have this, although I think it may be better if it was assumed you purchased the materials from the Auction House instead of farming for the materials. If we farmed the materials it would increase /played time by quite a significant amount. If I ever find any spare time and feel like messing around in LUA I might see about working on a separate guide for it, although it wouldn't be near as good as theirs ;-).

Silverhawk11
    It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

I myself would also like to see some sort of Profession, Daily, & All Reputation leveling guides ingame. As it is right now I sorta find some mining guide online and have to remember which skill point to stop at. Then alt-tab again back to the guide. As for slowing you down from your character leveling i don't think thats a problem. You just have a separate guide selector option ingame on which guide you want to use. (i.e. Gaining Reputation guides like Netherwing, Wyrmrest Accord, Daily Quests guides, etc..) Mainly these type of guides I look for after the fact im already level 80. So slowing your actual character leveling progress is moot unless someone wants to do their professions at the same time.

As for getting materials I'd probably rather have it point to a location to farm for them with the amount. Yet if I feel like going to the AH and buying them instead it would just count how many are in my bags and just advance to the next step automatically. Though I understand zygor's guide is more geared to leveling, just figured it would be a nice bonus value feature to add to the guide.

One other suggestion that might be cool is an automatic gear recommendation examiner. Not like gearscore where it tells the number. More or less something that says equipping this piece of gear will increase whatever stat based on your specific class and recommends you to either equip it, vendor it, auction it, or don't touch it with a 10 foot pole.
      Last edited by raideag; October 19, 2009, 06:03 AM. Reason: Another though I wanted to add.
      Realm: Llane
      Aldius - Death Knight
      Raideag - Warrior
      Osskto - Rogue

Comment

Working...
      X