Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 2.0: German Language Pack - Possibilities

Hi Zygor Staff,

first of all I posted a comment to get some members happy!
    Anyway here's the question I have:

Cant wait to get my hands on the new version. As I'm from Germany, and there are tons of german WoW player, I'll have a important question. Whats about the version 2.0 and translations into other languages? As I remember you promised this for a long long time now.

So, possible to use the german client within Zygor Guide 2.0 (Language Pack)? I'm sure you'll get tons of new customer from Germany within such a language change possibility. Besides that I'm glad I found my way over here - you guides are great!!

Hopefully I'll get a positive response with my german language question? Thanks in advance.

Greetings,

JC

They just spend lots of time working at 2.0 and now you want the whole thing is German, you know how long that would take? He would have to rewrite the whole thing all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by 182blink View Post
      They just spend lots of time working at 2.0 and now you want the whole thing is German, you know how long that would take? He would have to rewrite the whole thing all over again.
      I guess they worked hard for V2.0 - but as I remember they promised such Language Pack since ages. Are you sure you know how programming works, and how you are able to include multi-language possibility?

Of course there's some work into providing multi-language packs, but I'm sure their business would definately profit (as I personaly know alot of germans that would buy the guides exspecially for that feature).

But as I know there are clever coder at Zygor Staff, I would bet they already use template based stuff ...

Greetings,

JC

Comment

We are still going to add multi-language compatibility, including German. We hope to be able to start work on this soon, if all goes as planned.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
          We are still going to add multi-language compatibility, including German. We hope to be able to start work on this soon, if all goes as planned.
          Hey John,

thats great news - thanks!! I'm really sure you'll gain alot of new customer within this feature plus I'll support it as much as I can (by the way, I already did)

I'm sure you'll keep us informed, right? So let me know when I could start promoting the german laguage feature!

Thanks again for the great work you putting in these Guides - really appreciate your effort. So looking forward to v2.0 plus the other new features (multi language) etc ...

Greetings,

JC

PS: something forgot ... if you need any help for the german part ... drop me a line.

Comment

Originally posted by jchlebowy View Post
            I'm sure you'll keep us informed, right? So let me know when I could start promoting the german laguage feature!

PS: something forgot ... if you need any help for the german part ... drop me a line.
            Certainly will keep you informed, via our Newsletter. Will be sure to drop you a line! Thanks. :-)
            http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Comment

By looking into the v2.0 sample of the guide I noticed that there seem to be quest IDs inside the guide for some quests.
              Does the guide also use IDs for quest items?
              If the answer is yes then it would be great if you just put the IDs into the guide in the future. This would be better than a complete translation as the automatic advancing works for all languages when using IDs rather than names.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
                I will be happy to provide the official French translation for any English Wow name you provide me. It's not only a question of the guide being in English : anything that relies on keywords, like the automated next step or the talent guide bonus, is broken. It's sad.

Comment

OK. I'll start by translating the talent builds file to French, which is the shortest. I'll then send the file by mail to zygor. Since I have a heavy workload the next two weeks, expect it by mid-november.

Comment

Actually, please don't! Talent builds and the guide, for most of its part, will magically auto-translate themselves on the fly, soon. While we definitely appreciate the offer, translating the files now would serve no purpose and would only waste your time better spent - guess what? - leveling!

Unless, unless, you mean the addons' own language files, located in the Localization folders, named deDE.lua, frFR.lua, etc. Now, these you could probably start thinking about, as indeed they'll need human translation, and at some point indeed we're considering having someone translate - but that'll require Zygor's personal confirmation, of course. And, even that will have to wait until we roll out the next update, as we've changed some language-related things lately.

Stay tuned.

Comment

The problem is that currently the talent thing doesn't work for me because the names of the talents are not the same in French. This means I do have to translate it if I want to use it while leveling, unless you tell me that it'll work in few weeks time. If not, I'd rather translate it myself, as it is much shorter than the guide proper and it'll allow me to use it in game. The guide itself I can use, it just doesn't advance automatically since the keywords don't match.

The localization file is for translating the addon itself, which I really don't care about since I speak english. My problem is with the game keywords, like talent names, character names, quest names... French players are not primarily waiting or a guide in French; we are waiting for a guide that simply fully works as advertised in the French WoW client, even if the interface and the instructions are fully in English.

Comment

Originally posted by jabial View Post
                        The localization file is for translating the addon itself, which I really don't care about since I speak english. My problem is with the game keywords, like talent names, character names, quest names... French players are not primarily waiting or a guide in French; we are waiting for a guide that simply fully works as advertised in the French WoW client, even if the interface and the instructions are fully in English.
                        We are working on the international versions of the guide at the moment. These will switch the names of things to id tags which paves the way for localization. We hope to have full translations into other languages after that as well.
                        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Comment

Well, if you need help feel free to ask.

Comment

I see that now the automated talent system works. Thank you Zygor!

Comment

Now half a year is gone since my offer to help with the german translation. I just want to remember you, that I'm still ready to help.

Comment

Working...
                              X