Carboniteaddon support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carboniteaddon support?

I was just wondering if there are any plans to make it so you can use Carbonite instead of Cartographer with your guide?

I noticed that in the 'what addons are you using' forum many users did state that they were using both Carbonite and cartographer. I don't see a need to use both and Carbonite is much more advanced than cartographer. (In my opinion)

Thanks,
    CJ

I second this, and have proposed it several times in the past. Not only is carbonite extremely more advanced than both cartographer and tom tom, it wraps the functionality of at least 5 different addons all into one. And with it now being free, more and more people are moving over to carbonite in lieu of cartographer, mapster, or any of the other map mods. Would really love to see carbonite support implemented. It really shouldnt be all that tough.

Comment

I agree carbonite is a very nice addon

Comment

I'd also like to see this support, only reason I have cartographer installed is because of this guide, and I'd much prefer to keep carbonite

Comment

New user here and I wouldn't mine seeing carbonite supported, have been using it for quit a while and have become used to it over various other addons.

Thanks for listening

Comment

i agree it would be nice then i could get rid of cartoghrapher, but i understand from other devs that carbonite is a pain to write for.

Comment

I'm sure that the team will look into this. I've had the addon for 16 months with very few problems. However, cklint is quite right in that carbonite is a pain to configure for the guide. With the capability of 8-10 addons rolled into one, there is a LOT of code to comb over to make the guide compatible with Carbonite.
              My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

Comment

actually it would not be that tough. They dont have to write "FOR" carbonite, just modify their cartographer code slightly so that carbonite recognizes it as cartographer waypoints, then simply allow the guide to search for cartographer OR carbonite when searching for the waypointing addon. This is basically how tour guide works. This also means there is not an extra set of code for carbonite.

Comment

I use carbonite and zygor and seems like its working fine.

I installed carto2, carbo and zygor and choosed arrow as carto.

Comment

Originally posted by djago View Post
                    I use carbonite and zygor and seems like its working fine.

I installed carto2, carbo and zygor and choosed arrow as carto.
                    We know it works that way . But it still requires you to have carto2 installed. What we are asking for is the ability to not have to even install carto2. This way those of us that do use carbonite arent forced to have 2 seperate map mods installed. This should be possible with minor tweaking to the code.

Comment

I use the tomtom addon (which works with Zygor's Guides) and do not even load Cartographer. Simple and quick work-around for those running other map addons while you wait for Carbonite support.
                      Bouvi

Comment

Its been bugging me that there has been no comments by Zygor or his staff on this subject. Any comment at all would be appreciated.
                        I don't mean any disrespect by this your support is the best out of all the guides I have used.

Comment

We will look into this as soon as possible. We are more focused on fixing all the bugs in our guides currently.
                          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                          http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Comment

I agree that the support has by far been the best in the industry. And I as well appreciate the response from the team. Thanks for letting us know that its at least on the plate to look at Z =)

Comment

Working...
                              X