My mission...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mission...

I have 10 characters of different races (8 main, 2 AH). Since there are only 8 starting zones, the 2 Auction House characters (1 gnome female and 1 troll male in the dwarf and orc starting zones) will travel to IF and Org respectively. The other 8 will go through the guide step by step. Also, there are no DKs. Wish me luck as I travel the world.
    My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

Has it been two hours already? Where does the time go. All of my Alliance chars are set to go, with 4 of the 5 chars having 80 bag slots. The mission is about to start in this order:

Dwarf
    Human
    Night Elf
    Draenei
    Orc
    Tauren
    Undead
    Blood Elf
    Gnome (AH)
    Troll (AH)

How will I do this? Get each char up to 80 in the order mentioned.

I'm off to start the process after installing the new (updated) guides.

Comment

For errors/additions/observations, please check the Alliance Guide 1-80 errors thread. I'm off to bed (early), 2h08m00s roughly on my dwarf, lvl 6, step 39 in the Dwarf 1-13 guide.

Also, if people want to comment, please do so.
      Last edited by wowvern; October 23, 2009, 08:43 PM. Reason: thread title

Comment

Good luck for your mission.

Comment

Thank you. This thread is designed to track my progress through the guide. Bugs will be reported on the guides' official error threads. Also, additions will be suggested through those threads as well.

I will continue the mission after I eat, as I believe people have to play on a full stomach. Having an empty one while playing is too distracting.

Comment

Now at Step 69 of the 1-13 Dwarf guide. 38% through level 10 at 5h09m40s. Every 5 levels from this point, I go to my AH char to upgrade my equip (weapons, armor, rings, necklace) provided I have the gold.

Comment

I am recording my observations in a Word file to be sent to Zygor and the team to minimize overload on this thread.

Comment

Not to sound mean but how did level 10 take you 5 hours to reach? You sound like an experienced player therefore I would be expecting three hours maximum to reach level 10, also I wouldnt reccomend buying new gear every five levels as in my opinion I believe it is a waste of money.

Comment

Originally posted by notorius View Post
                  Not to sound mean but how did level 10 take you 5 hours to reach? You sound like an experienced player therefore I would be expecting three hours maximum to reach level 10, also I wouldnt reccomend buying new gear every five levels as in my opinion I believe it is a waste of money.
                  Heh these were my thoughts too. I would think level 10 would be reached within 1-2 hours... and yeah.. i wouldn't ever buy gear until you reach level 80 bud. Just some advice, but you do what you like.

Also, good luck on your journey. I have leveled 5 characters using this guide and I personally don't ever want to do it again. LOL I now hate looking at Azeroth. While the guide does a great job of leveling you up quickly, it gets old going through the same quest lines over and over (for me anyway).

But again, good luck, sir!
                  I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

My main goal with this guide is to catchup with my RL friends who do not take breaks from WoW like I do. Right now one has two lvl 80's and the other just got his first 80 last week. I am coming back from a 1.5 year break so my biggest char is a lvl 52 ... I have a long way to go catching up and I am constantly looking for short cuts to get a char to their level.

Having said that I have been using the guide on:
                    - druid (worked from 45 to 52)
                    - mage (1-22) with a parallel trash hunter (1-22)
                    - Paladin (1-16)
                    - a lowbie hunter (1-8) which I am teaching someone how to play with

Running the same quest chains over and over does get boring the 3rd and 4th times through... looking for 8 boar's meat times two ... Zygor's guide does a good guide of helping make sure I don't miss a step so it is useful in the regard so I do like it.

I do not admire a person trying to race 4+ toons to 80 though. Talk about monotonous
                    Cairne Realm
                    Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
                    Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
                    Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by antacus View Post
                      I do not admire a person trying to race 4+ toons to 80 though. Talk about monotonous
                      Based on his /played time vs. his Level, he isn't racing lol... i figured he was more just trying to experience the game as a whole, and in the process, reporting bugs/errors in the guide.
                      I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

Working...
                      X