Jumping ahead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumping ahead

I dont fully understand the workings of XP in wow. I have simple question I started with Zygor guide (excellent btw) and I have done a few dungeons on the way.

Now Im lvl 77.5 and have not finished Zygor guide 72-76. SO do I continue with 72-76 or jump forward to where it say's 77 should be?

The reason I ask is will I lose valuable XP doing a quest for a 76 when Im 77.5?

Thank you

There's nothing wrong with doing quests when you're a level or two ahead of the guide. This just means it will be slightly easier for you to complete the quests quickly. If you would like to jump ahead you may since this is just a guide and how you use it is always your choice. One advantage to sticking to the guide is that you'll ding 80 earlier in the guide and then all quests will give gold instead of xp rewards, where jumping ahead might mean you level slightly faster due to dealing with mobs closer to your level. Most of the time when I'm using the guide I find that I'm a level or two ahead of the guide but just stick with it for simplicity's sake.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

short answer: if the quest isn't grey in your log, you wont get any less xp for doing it later. If it is grey, drop it unless it's part of a chain that leads into green or above quests.

It used to be the case where quests would reward xp based on their difficuty and your level - i.e. if the quest was "red" in your log you would get more xp than if it was orange etc. down to yellow and green giving the lowest with grey giving no xp at all

Now, as long as it isn't grey, you will get the same xp regardless of whether it's red/orange/yellow/green

There's a whole ton of useful information (including the math) on wowwiki.com if you search on "xp"

Comment

Jumping

I need to set my start point to step 166, but it is stick on step 1, how do I get it accept step 166, so I can get started again?

Comment

Originally posted by artybabs View Post
          I need to set my start point to step 166, but it is stick on step 1, how do I get it accept step 166, so I can get started again?
          There should be a button that toggles between "Show All steps" and "Show current step". Click it and then scroll down to step 166, and then click it again to toggle it back to showing only your current step.
          I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

Working...
          X