Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waypoint Arrow and Quartz

Background:
    I have a bunch of addons installed (raid UI) that include, but are not limited to: Grid, Pitbull, Forte, Altoholic, Atlasloot, Baggins, Auctionator, Quartz, Bartender, Skada, Omen, DMB, Postal, etc....

Circumstances:
    When I rolled a new toon and dug out the link to download the newest version of the guide I found, to my dismay, that the Waypoint arrows weren't working. I tried re-installing the guide again (newest version from site) and still no luck, I tried updating and then reinstalling Cartographer and different versions of it: Still no arrow. But when I disabled all addons and turned on JUST cartographer (that came packed) and Zygor it works fine.

Problem:
    So, I did the process of elimination and disabled all addons and logged back in after enabling one at a time (and this part took forever with all my addons and modules). The verdict is that Quartz is not playing with Zygor properly. I'm not sure why.

I've tried several versions of Quartz but have had no luck. The quartz addon has several modules and I narrowed it down to two. Specifically, if either "Quartz_GCD" or "Quartz_Player" modules are enabled, the waypoint arrow goes away; but you could leave all other modules enabled w/ no issues. I was using a slightly outdated version of Quartz and tried to update to the newest version... but when I did the waypoint arrow goes away, even if quartz is disabled all together. I removed the newest version of Quartz from the addon folder and started WoW back up and my arrow is back.

Proposal:
    Hopefully there's a way to get Quartz and Zygor to work or workaround each other. For now, I'm having to just keep the older version of quartz installed, and not enabling it. When I raid, I'll turn Quartz on and Zygor off... and swap them back again when I level my alt.

Even if this is an unfixable error, maybe it will give insight to avoid future issues.

Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to be as specific as possible in hopes for a fix.
Working...
X