nUI interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nUI interface

So, I like a minimalist screen and have been hunting for a UI which will allow me to shave things down and saw others here with screen shots of nUI which looked pretty good. Now I have a couple questions for y'all...

- If I don't do raiding is there any reason to add nUI+ over plain old nUI?

- The Zygor plugin for nUI mentions editing an XML file for the 2.0 version then a couple posts further down says you don't have to make the edit... It seems to work either way for me so I lean towards not making the edit. Opinions?

- Anyone have a good reference on editing the UI at all? I have more years of working with other programming languages (C/C++, Perl, TCL etc) then I'll admit to here so I am not afraid to get my hands dirty. I just need a point in the correct direction.
    Cairne Realm
    Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
    Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
    Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Hello antacus,

I'm the same way. I can't stand having too many addons, but I did try nUI+ to see how it was. I myself am not a huge fan of having the entire UI compact at the bottom of my screen, but I suppose I could have edited it a bit more :-). Either way, I'll try and answer your questions individually.

- Not that I'm aware of. If you don't PvP and all you're focusing on is leveling, I think you'll be okay. Won't hurt to pick it up though, takes about a day for the process, but it's free.

- I haven't seen anything about Zygor talking about an XML file, which must mean it was updated before I had got nUI+. I didn't experience any issues with them running with each other, so my assumption is to just not edit it, and if it's necessary, you know where to find the fix :-).

- This question I will not be able to help out with much. I didn't look into it enough because I wasn't a huge fan, so I didn't want to spend extra time looking into editing it. I'm sure they have plenty of tutorials on the WoWI forums or at least some references.

Anyways, hope this helped, and sorry I couldn't be much more of a help :-P. It's about as far as I went with nUI+, but at least an answer is better than none, right? :-).

Silverhawk11
    It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by antacus View Post
      - If I don't do raiding is there any reason to add nUI+ over plain old nUI?
      I believe the author more actively updates nUI+. Also, it's a free upgrade and you get more access to his forums. I love my nUI+... been using it for about a year now.
      I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

For your second question, the editing part for the Zygor info panel had been for the old V1.0 guides. With the new 2.0 there's no longer a need to edit stuff.

And I agree, I seldom do anything in the raiding aspect but since nUI+ is free I got it just in case I get into one of those situations at some point.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

If you dont really like nUI, or the way its laid out, then take a look at QUI. Its a new compilation that was placed on Wowinterface, and the guy that put it together is constantly looking for ways to lower the memory footprint. Right now I think im running around 25Megs with zygors and cart included, and I run carbonite as well.

Comment

Has anyone been having issues with spell bars in nUI lately? Sometimes when I get into a vehicle (both creatures and machines) or switch characters, my keybindings unmap. The only way to fix it is to log out and back in.

I have yet to search his forums for the answer yet... was just wondering if anyone here had the issue too.
            I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

I've noticed that they don't always display the keybindings, but my keybindings are still set. A simple /nui rl to reload the UI will display the keybindings again.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks.
                I'll try that and see if it will be a quick-fix until he comes out with 6.0

Comment

I finally got around to loading nUI+ yesterday and from what I see it is very close to the same as nUI. I guess if I ever do raids it will come in handy *shrug*

One thing I did notice was that last night Blizzard released a patch and that seemed to mess up my multibox setup. It also messed up the keybindings on my G15 keyboard. I am hoping it was a fluke and will try it tonight. reading forums today it seems the patch last night caused weird problems all over. Maybe that was part of your (and my) issues?
                  Cairne Realm

Comment

been using Nui for a while the plus versions really handy especially for raiding and bg's , love how it fits 40 people within ui .

qui mentioned above sounds intresting , looked at authors list .
                    only suggestion i have is not to use omen and recount these take alot of memory , use Skada instead uses about 600kb in raids on my pc .
                    omen and recount is alot more somewhere between 8mb to 25mb
                    If you a Horde player Feel free to join our Horde group : http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/group.php?groupid=6

Comment

Well.. i have done the /nui rl and it works to fix the keybindings... but i can't seem to get them to stop unbinding! >< I'll have to go rout around in his forum and see what's up.

Comment

I just figured out what you are talking about last night. I assigned a couple nUI bindings a few days ago but last night they were all gone. I had forgotten about this thread so went ahead and re-added them ... was only 4-5 so not a big deal

I can see where this gets old if you have a lot and they keep going away. In the past I chalked several odd quirks up to my multibox setup. Now that last night was my last multibax usage (maxed my RAF bonus so no need anymore) I'll be looking into things a little closer. If you find a solution let me know
                        Cairne Realm

Comment

Working...
                        X