shaman vs druid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shaman vs druid?

New project i'm working on finishing outland and want to make a raid healer and somthing that can be progressive and successful in raids i thought i give a shaman or a druid a try i'm just not sure which would be a greater benefit. Both are very fun to level both have nice abilities

Druid > Shaman for heals imo

This site will give you some math to help you out.
    <link sucked>
    I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Werderx View Post
      Druid > Shaman for heals imo

This site will give you some math to help you out.
      http://www.mrfixitonline.com/viewtop...a6747b07b09c83
      In my opinion you can't use that link for deciding who is the best current end game healer. That thread is from 2006 when level 60 was max. Both classes has totally new abilities and both talents and abilities has changed in the past three years.

In WotLK druids has been topping healing meters and in TBC shamans where the best healers. And in the next expansion it may be yet another class that is topping the meters. But healing is not about topping healing meters, it is about keeping the tank and the raid alive. About landing the right heal at the right time that saves the raid from a wipe.

I think both would be fun to play as healer. Both are good to have when raiding. I would pick the one that your guild needs. If you already have a lot of shamans then pick a druid. If you have a lot of druids then pick a shaman.

Comment

ahhh good call on the link... in my haste to answer the question while at work, i didn't bother to validate my google search.

I'll find something better to replace it with.

but my choice of druid over shaman still stands for raid heals.

tank heals, maybe not so much.
        I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

I add priest in here to

Just bescause.

i love healing i love it it's a drug if the raid leader doesn't flip out at healers but i find myself limited at Holy pally and want something that in demand that's good at grou healing and something that can easily get into raids hehe

Comment

It really depends on what role of healing do you want in the raid. It breaks down to healing the raid, or healing the tanks.

As far as healing charts... here is a great site to see different logs from different guilds during different encounters.

www.worldoflogs.com

Lets keep in mind, healing logs are very unreliable in terms of what does a better job due to the nature of healing during different encounters.
            Here is a great thread that discusses the pro's and con's of healing charts.

http://tankspot.com/forums/f207/5736...rs-meters.html

Comment

I've always said, and continue to stand by, play what you enjoy. If you don't enjoy the class you're playing then you won't do as well with the class because it seems more like work than fun. If you don't know which of the classes you'll enjoy, try each of them out until about level 30 area so you can get an idea of how they play and you should know by this point if you like the class or not. It should never be about if a certain class is best at something, it should be about if you like the game play of a class.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                I've always said, and continue to stand by, play what you enjoy. If you don't enjoy the class you're playing then you won't do as well with the class because it seems more like work than fun. If you don't know which of the classes you'll enjoy, try each of them out until about level 30 area so you can get an idea of how they play and you should know by this point if you like the class or not. It should never be about if a certain class is best at something, it should be about if you like the game play of a class.
                between a shaman and a druid, the lvl 30 rule is pretty accurate.

But a priest... omg. They lvl so freaking slow until you get to mid to late 40s. In the 60s it gets a little better and in the 70s+ you can finally start mass killing crap.

I wrote a small guide from what i learned while leveling my priest using this guide, but it is one of the MANY great threads i had that were deleted (yeah i'm not bitter).

I believe it was called, "Leveling a priest is teh suck" or something like that.

But anywho, he's been level 80 for a couple of months now and i enjoy raid healing with him. The only thing that kept me going with leveling a priest is because i knew he would be pimp at end game.

Comment

Working...
                X