New guide good, but old loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guide good, but old loss

This new guide is really great, but I am missing something that existed in the earlier version -- unless I haven't got things configured correctly!

When I am partially completing a step that currently exists in my quest log, I get an update of how many kills/collections/etc still remain. However, when the guide is telling me to get things for a quest that I have not yet acquired, the update does not happen. I feel pretty sure that I used to get such updates in the old version.

Example: Horde Guide (lvl 20-25), step 87... Step says go to 64.57 & kill 15 Venture Co. Loggers.

I have no quest that equates to that step, so I assume (maybe wrongly) that the guide is saving me time by telling me to do this now, rather than coming back later. But there is no guide count, so I have to manually remember how many Loggers (as opposed to other NPCs) I have killed.

Please tell me that I have made a configuration error (or any other error), rather than this being a "retrograde" step in the guide upgrade.

Thx
    FastArrow
    Fast with arrows, slow with learning

Hello FastArrow,

If you don't see that quest in the quest log, and it's telling you to go there, then there is a bug with the guide. You can't kill Venture Co. Loggers before obtaining the quest, and then turn it in instantly after accepting it. It's impossible. Thank you for the submission though, the team will look into it :-).

Silverhawk11
    It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

From what I understand, you are saying the guide is telling you to kill 15 Venture Co. Loggers, but you have no quest in your quest log that needs you to kill 15 Venture Co. Loggers.

If that's correct, then the guide will not count how many you've killed because it does not detect a quest that actually needs you to kill the 15 Venture Co. Loggers.

Have you followed the guide from level 1 with the character you are having this problem with?
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Thx. Actually, I can kill the Loggers. Lots of them. But there is no acrual count. But I understand what u mean!!!
        FastArrow

Comment

This may be my mistake, or it may be a guide mistake. I don't know which. Probably me.
          Step 102 asks me to turn in the quest "Goblin Invaders" with Seereth Stonebreaker, who is also the issuer of the quest.

Please forgive me if I failed to pick up the quest when the guide advised me to! On the other hand, please also check that the guide did advise this.

Thx
          FastArrow

Comment

The guide does tell you to accept "Goblin Invaders" at around level 16, then you kill the 15 Venture Co. Loggers and turn in the quest around level 21, I believe.

Comment

Yes, I remember picking up this quest as the guide directed very early in the 13-20 section and then not doing any killing for the quest until much later.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

My mistake, then. Sorry about this.
                I picked up new guide as a lvl 17 & backtracked in guide to lvl15 to make sure that I hadn't missed anything (as per general advice). Obviously, I missed this one.

Again: sorry...
                FastArrow

Comment

No worries at all, we appreciate you letting us know anything weird you find in the guide, even if it turns out to be a mistake. It's still helpful, if only to verify it is correct. :-) Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
                    The guide does tell you to accept "Goblin Invaders" at around level 16, then you kill the 15 Venture Co. Loggers and turn in the quest around level 21, I believe.
                    Well... that about sums up my problem! The general advice I received in the past from Zygor is that I need to start the guide at 2 levels lower than my current level to get "in synch". Lvls 16-21 is a 5-level difference!

I am now encountering problems at step133. I have completed step 132 successfully. But step 133 is asking me to do stuff I do not have the quest for. I have a "beef" about this, which (I think) did not arise in the earlier version: it is about an absence of information:

In my recollection, the earlier Zygor version showed a sub-window for the step that told me what the quest-relevant info was. But this version doesn't provide that for me. All it does is tell me what I am supposed to do with no quest-related info.

So: because the guide does not provide that quest-relevant data, and because (from your earlier example), I may have to track back through the guide for (up to) 5 levels, I ain't gonna do it... So I end up skipping the step, and all that does is compound the problem for later steps that follow!

I don't know how other players feel about this. All I can do is speak for myself. And what I want/desire/need/require is what used to exist in the earlier version of the guide, namely: a prompt that tells me the name of the actual quest that the current step/sub-step relates to.

I want to continue to use Zygor Guides, but at this point in time, I lack confidence to do so.

Sincerely...
                    FastArrow

Comment

Most of the time the waypoint arrow has the quest name on it. I know that when 3.3 is released there's going to be a way to find out what quests you have completed and this will help the guide and users to get synced up better.
                      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                      X