Zygor's Guides and BoA Heirlooms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor's Guides and BoA Heirlooms

A little note for those who, like me, try to use Zygor's guide with the BoA Heirlooms that granted +10% (+20% for both) to experience: there's only so much benefit you get.

What happens is that, at a certain point, you find yourself questing where you should be lvl 20 and you're actually lvl 22; in other words, you are two levels higher than expected. However, you will not go any higher than this.

The reason for this is simple: you will be doing quests that are green for you; some quests will actually have greyed out by the time that you turn them in. As a result, you don't get the most experience for them or for killing the mobs in the area, so you will barely be advancing. Granted, after a time of this, you'll be back questing yellows and getting better XP, but when you hit the 2 level ceiling, you'll be back in the "penalty box" again.

TO sum up... using Heirloom items may get you an extra level or two out of following Zygor's guides, but, if you stick to the guides rather than closing it and going off on your own, then you won't get much more benefit out of the heirlooms.

I quest with Heirlooms as well, and when I get an extra level or two I simply skip to the next zone on the leveling addon

That may sometimes lead to me getting to "break" some quest chains, and i get to NPCs that are supposed to give me quests, but they don't. It's ok, because I just skip to the next step, and the "broken chain" lost of XP is more then filled by the heirlooms anyways.

Comment

Why even use the Heirloom items if you have the Zygor guide??????
      I mean, you level SOOOOO fast anyway it pretty much renders the 'benefit' of the Heirloom items useless.

If you dont have the Zygor Guide and you are levelling, then totally, I see the point of the benefit of the Heirloom items. But with the Guide......I see no use for them

Comment

Hello tevo66,

Well, people who do a lot of WG -should- get them. I tend to have an extra 400-500 Stone Keeper shard's just from doing WG occasionally. I've purchased almost one of each heirloom as well. I prefer to use heirlooms with the guide because it goes even -more- faster, which is nice. I can easily determine which quests I need, and which I can skip.

It's all playstyle based. If you have issues managing the heirlooms with the guide, then get the weapons, etc, not the XP bonus versions. No reason to get items that mess with your playstyle and eventually end up increasing your /played time in the long run.

Silverhawk11
        It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

it would be nice if the guide had an option to suggest what quest to do next based on your level. This would make it so you could easily use it with pre-existing characters.

I am 32 doing mostly level 30 quest and I am a complete n00b

I don't know for sure, but it seems like if you are 2 levels ahead... you tend to rip though the quest faster with little chance of dying.. I don't know if this speeds the xp up or not.

Comment

I do know that death slows you down a LOT and has the added cost of repairs. So maybe Zygor has it in mind that we are constantly 1-2 levels above the mobs we are fighting. In my opinion that would be a good thing. After all, we get a fair chunk of XP from quests (actually I level faster from quests then grinding usually) and the mobs are simply icing on the cake.
            Cairne Realm
            Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
            Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
            Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

I skipped from the 30 quest to the 33 quest, and I much more enjoy the 30's.. I am a little ahead and when I hit 34/35 I will definatlly keep with the lower end quest just because the quest xp doesn't seem much different especially when you are knocking them out one after another

Comment

Working...
              X