OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auctioneer Power trading and power selling guide.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auctioneer Power trading and power selling guide.

Before you read go download auctioneer: http://auctioneeraddon.com/

I also recommend reading Zygor's actual auctioneer guide, because his guide has decent tips that this one doesn't, all i am doing here is showing you my money making strategy and how i became rich today.

Hello. Before i start explaining, i just want to thank Zygor personally. This guide has helped me level so fast, and has given me more time to play wow as an 80 rather then struggling to get to 80 everyday since i do work quite a bit. Zygor, i bow down to you.

Anyways...
    Have you had more trouble leveling because you are lacking money? Cant get a mount so you have to stop leveling to go get the cash to afford one? Well let that be no more, with what i am about to tell you, you will be able to level, AND make money while doing it, all it takes is about 15-30 minutes of you're time, a few times a day (2 to 3) or however you want to do it. Then you are set!

I noticed Zygor's auctioneer guide is pretty simple and straight forward. But there is more to auctioneer then you think.

The auction house is free money... Lol im serious, free money! all you have to do is learn how to use it, what to buy, what not to buy, how much of the item to buy, and how much to sell it for.

Now then~ THE GUIDE!!

Before you read: Have at least 100g minimum before you start, make sure you have scanned the whole auction house before you start power trading (To get accurate prices), And take you're time. Don't buy everything you can, only buy what is really worth it.

Power Trading (Definition): Buying cheap, Re-selling high so that you make profit.

How to do: With the auctioneer addon, on the right hand side of the auction window, the pct is percentage that tells you what the items average price is, and how under priced or over priced the item you are looking at is. Look at it.
    Now notice the red,yellow,green, and blue percentages.
    Red/Yellow= not worth it. If it isn't green, then its mean is how i put it. If its blue that's even better. Buy it if its green or blue percentage, and resell it. Wait though. The only way you are going to know if you should actually buy it and resell it is like this. Look at the item, How many of that item is there? Will i be making at least 5-10% profit if i resell it? How much competition will there be of that item? Ask yourself these questions.

Rule #1: Only buy it and resell it if you are going to make 5-10% profit of what it originally was. you want at least 5% profit if it is a cheaper item (50-250g) or less. If its a item that is in the higher priced, or end game items. Make sure it will be worth your while since you are spending so much to resell it. So make it at least 10%, or 8-9%. Because it doesn't have to be exactly 10%, it can be a little less, just make sure its enough !
    Rule #2: Look at what people want mostly, by that i mean what LOTS of people usually buy from the Auction house everyday. Recipes, Armor, Weapons, materials, containers, and also, Most end game level 80 things that level 80's would use too.
    Rule #3: Make sure the item you are reselling will actually sell. If you put an auction up 2 or 3 times for 48 hours and it doesn't sell.. You might want to reconsider it.
    Rule #4 (Main rule): If it isn't green, then its mean. If it is blue then that is even better . By that i mean the Pct.

DO THIS AT LEAST 2-3 TIMES A DAY, AND SCAN THE AUCTION HOUSE BEFORE DOING IT.

Remember... The money only duplicates, it might take some time before you start making some REAL MONEY. When i first started, i had about 250g, 3 day later that went up to 3k. 3 days after that... Well you don't have to believe me but.. It went up to 13k. BUT ITS TRUE! this power trading guide is the best way to get money if you are really in need, or just want money! cause money only makes you're time in wow More successful, and more efficient!

Bottom line, Buy cheap, and re-sell high if it is worth it and make 5-10% profit Minimum depending on how much you buy it for, to resell and make sure you will sell it. This strategy is what has made me so rich today, my money problems are no more just because of this simple addon called auctioneer, it has helped me level up alts faster by giving me the money to buy gear and weapons which basically gives survivability, and faster kills so the better you're gear is while leveling, the faster it goes. This has also helped me afford high priced skills/Talents once i got higher level. Of course i cant forget about Zygor . Zygor if it wasn't for you, and making my countless hours in leveling shorter, i don' think i would have posted this . Again, zygor, thank you very much.

Thank you for reading, if you have any trouble understanding PLEASE, PLEASE do not be afraid to leave a comment and ask, i will help you with my strategy in anyway i can.

Thanks!

Well written guide, sir. Good job.

Although, sharing these tactics makes your (and my) job harder at getting sales in the AH... not that you are the first to let this info out.
    I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Werderx View Post
      Well written guide, sir. Good job.

Although, sharing these tactics makes your (and my) job harder at getting sales in the AH... not that you are the first to let this info out.
      Well put it this way, only the people that have subscribed to zygor's guide can see it, but then again no guarantee that they wont share info. I just wanted to help people develop a strategy on making money. And there are other sites ive noticed that share this strategy in making money i have found out, so there are quite a few people who know. The auction house ALWAYS has opportunities. Not once have i gone to look and not find a good deal that i can make profit with. also im not griping, just making a statement lol. thanks for the complement though .

Comment

I have used Auctionlite for a while, but tried to remove that addon and load Auctioneer in its place. I cannot, however, get Auctioneer to show in my addons.
        More Info: I use a macbook, and am versed in adding addons into the interface folder, so that is not the issue lol. I also DL the addon from curse.com

Any help or advise to get this to function would be appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT:
        For others that use Mac, you need to open the folder from the Auctioneer DL and drag the content folders into the addon section.

Thanks for the reply cabby. Good help and direction. That website is a good one for EVERYONE that uses the AH.
        Last edited by Kamchak; November 19, 2009, 04:03 PM. Reason: Changes to my status / solved issue
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Maybe you can try getting Auctioneer straight from the main website and manually install it to get it working. www.auctioneeraddon.com
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Question, once you purchase at the green or blue % how do you determine how high to mark it up without being to greedy?

Comment

I generally use a market value in appraiser tab to help determine what a fair price should be. Normally I'll only buy stuff for resale if it's going very cheap since lots of times after you list something another person will come along and under-cut you to sell theirs which forces you to have to re-list the item multiple times until you finally get it sold. You can lose a lot of profit in those posting fees.

Comment

thanks for the prompt reply

Comment

Originally posted by 1manarmy View Post
                  Question, once you purchase at the green or blue % how do you determine how high to mark it up without being to greedy?
                  Well look at what you are buying, compare it to the prices of the other people that are selling that item, auctioneer will undercut 2.5 % of other all the other prices of that item if you post it . if you don't want to undercut it that much do the math and make a price yourself

Comment

What are some of the common money making items that I should be buying low and selling high or possiby farming? So far I have only focused on cooking recipes and ores/bars.

Comment

I generally ignore the recipes and focus on cloth, leather, herbalism, dusts, some meats, bars/ores, etc. Mostly I stick to profession consumables as you have a much higher chance of them being bought by people with a lot of gold that just don't feel like going out to farm the stuff on their own.

Most days if the only thing I do is buy low/sell high on these items I can bring in 20+ gold per day. Again, that's just the resale only, not including any other things like selling items I've collected on my own.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, I'm getting tired of selling recipes so I was looking for some new profit making items. I am a skinner and miner so I do well in those areas. I'm just looking to expand. I know jewel crafter's need gems but that can get pretty expensive.
                        Last edited by 1manarmy; December 7, 2009, 10:42 AM. Reason: Data entry errors

Comment

I've found that in the long run the recipes don't do that well. They're ok when you're first getting started on a server but after that you're better off just ignoring them.

Comment

Some of my tips. Leather, leather, leather. I take skinning on very toon I make. Leather sells well on my server. You can also can take mining and make bars. Also leather working prof is good to have as well. Armor kits go good too. If you take skinning and leather working, you'll make good money with out any cost to get you started. Just in general resource gathering skills are good money makers. Follow the tips in auctioneer for the reselling. If you can keep things at or slighty 1-2 % below market average you should make good money.

Here is a screen shot pic of what I collect today from the auction I placed today.

I sold light leather, copper bars and rough stones and I made 53 gold. I spent like 5 gold on some cheap bars and rough stones. But you don't need to do that to start. You can make gold without buying anything from the AH just sell resources.

This was also on my lvl 14 orc Hunter.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Silvaro; December 7, 2009, 08:39 PM. Reason: add pic

Comment

Tip~

Originally posted by 1manarmy View Post
                              What are some of the common money making items that I should be buying low and selling high or possiby farming? So far I have only focused on cooking recipes and ores/bars.
                              First of all, prices vary by realm, so i am only familiar with the auction house on my realm. The trick to knowing what to buy, and what to resell is gained through experience by auctioning over and over. And also by scanning the auction house once or twice a day.

However, the common money making items are Crafting patterns from uld/toc25.
                              Level 80 weapons, armor, Crafting materials (abyss crystal) (titanium ore/bar) Such as those for an example. Basically, anything that is of value to a level 80, or is of value to someone that is leveling that would probably use whatever you're selling. Think when you sell something, ask yourself.. ''Would i buy this if i were leveling?'' or ''Would i buy this if i were level 80?''. You always should think about the person who is buying ALWAYS. That is another good key to selling things. Anyways i hope i was helpful by giving you these tips.

You're welcome
                              - Xalvius, Mal'ganis.

Comment

Working...
                              X