LUA error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LUA error

I have had a LUA error come up can anyone help me?

Do I have to disable RatingBuster?

Or will it dissapear if I upgrade to Version 2 of the guide.

I use RatingBuster and have no problems using v2.0 of the guide. Can you post a copy of the LUA error?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Lua error i get him too

This is the error
      Message: ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:2117: invalid capture index
      Time: 11/19/09 23:14:17
      Count: 2
      Stack: [string "Interface\FrameXML\BasicControls.xml:<Scrip.. ."]:18: in function <[string "Interface\FrameXML\BasicControls.xml:<Scrip.. ."]:4>
      (tail call): ?
      (tail call): ?
      [C]: in function `match'
      ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:2117: in function `ParseLeaderBoard'
      ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:2142: in function `GetQuestLeaderBoards'
      ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:2035: in function `CacheQuestLog'
      ...rface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\ZygorGuidesViewe r.lua:1933: in function `?'
      ...oot\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:146: in function <...oot\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:146>
      [string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:4>
      [C]: ?
      [string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:13: in function `?'
      ...oot\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:91: in function `Fire'
      ...dOns\RatingBuster\Libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119: in function <...dOns\RatingBuster\Libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:118>

Locals: Sometimes debuglocals() returns nothing, it's one of those times... (FYI: This message is a HotFix from Decursive to prevent a C stack overflow)

Comment

Have you tried installing the newest version of the guide that was just released?
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
          Have you tried installing the newest version of the guide that was just released?
          Yes the newest Version 2.0

Comment

I have the same error and posted it already HERE in the bugs and errors section.
            It seems to be related to a non english WoW client (I use german).
            I helped myself for the moment by just using the new guide files with the older version of the Zygor viewer as the most wanted feature for me is the automatic step advancement which also works with the older viewer and the new guide files.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
              I have the same error and posted it already HERE in the bugs and errors section.
              It seems to be related to a non english WoW client (I use german).
              I helped myself for the moment by just using the new guide files with the older version of the Zygor viewer as the most wanted feature for me is the automatic step advancement which also works with the older viewer and the new guide files.
              Where can I get the older Version ? Iam finding only the version 2.0 for download.

Comment

If you don't have the older version 2.0.566 you'll have to wait a bit.
                Maybe they fix the problem later today, otherwise I can upload an older viewer (without the guide files which you can take from the current version 2.0.626).

Comment

Originally posted by amoxi View Post
                  Where can I get the older Version ? Iam finding only the version 2.0 for download.
                  The older 1.0 version of the guide is no longer available because it is not compliant with Blizzards policies.
                  Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                  http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by ZG Support View Post
                    The older 1.0 version of the guide is no longer available because it is not compliant with Blizzards policies.
                    Ok, but how I get my problem with the error solved ?

Comment

The best thing to do is to go to your World of Warcraft / Interface / AddOns folder, delete everything you see there with Zygor and Cartographer in the name, then download the latest version of the guide from the Members Area and install.
                      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

As I stated in the other thread in the bugs and errors section this does not solve the problem with the lua error.
                        When I switched my WoW to english the error went away. But that is no option for me.
                        The 2.0.566 viewer works, even with the guide files from 2.0.626.
                        And it seems that the 2.0.626 viewer also works when you manually select a guide but it throws the error on login and does not remember the guide and position.

Comment

I tested the viewer 2.0.626 again and I get the error even when I only have cartographer and Zygor guide active. And I tried deleting the saved variables also.
                          And the new guide viewer does not work, it does not automatically advance but throws the error again when part of a goal is completed (e.g. one item is picked up).
                          The error does not show when logging in with an empty quest log. But when accepting a quest it immediatly comes up.

Comment

I tried something. I added the line DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(QUEST_OBJECTS_FOUND) to the parseleaderboard function and it showed %1$s: %2$d/%3$d when playing a in german and %s: %d/%d in any other language.
                            It seems Blizzard messed something up with the constants in the german version.

I modified the function and got the guide viewer working, tested with german, english, spanish and french.
                            Change lines 2115-2144 in zygorGuidesViewer.lua to:
                            Code:
                            function me:ParseLeaderBoard(leaderboard,type)
                              local formatter,item,num,numneeded
                              if type=="monster" then
                                formatter = QUEST_MONSTERS_KILLED:gsub("1%$",""):gsub("2%$",""):gsub("3%$",""):gsub("%%s","(.-)"):gsub("%%d","(%%d+)")
                              elseif type=="item" then
                                formatter = QUEST_ITEMS_NEEDED:gsub("1%$",""):gsub("2%$",""):gsub("3%$",""):gsub("%%s","(.-)"):gsub("%%d","(%%d+)")
                              elseif type=="faction" then
                                formatter = QUEST_FACTION_NEEDED:gsub("1%$",""):gsub("2%$",""):gsub("3%$",""):gsub("%%s","(.-)"):gsub("%%d","(%%d+)")
                              else
                                formatter = QUEST_OBJECTS_FOUND:gsub("1%$",""):gsub("2%$",""):gsub("3%$",""):gsub("%%s","(.-)"):gsub("%%d","(%%d+)")
                              end

item,num,numneeded = leaderboard:match("^"..formatter) --, "(.*)%s*:%s*([%d]+)%s*/%s*([%d]+)")
                              if type=="monster" and not item then
                                formatter = QUEST_ITEMS_NEEDED:gsub("1%$",""):gsub("2%$",""):gsub("3%$",""):gsub("%%s","(.-)"):gsub("%%d","(%%d+)")
                                item,num,numneeded = leaderboard:match("^"..formatter) --, "(.*)%s*:%s*([%d]+)%s*/%s*([%d]+)")
                                -- some quests have objective type 'monster' yet are displayed using the ITEMS formatting. Go figure.
                              end

if (item) then
                                if type=="faction" then
                                  return item,num,numneeded
                                else
                                  return item, tonumber(num), tonumber(numneeded)
                                end
                              else
                                return leaderboard, 0, 1
                              end
                            end

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                              I tried something. I added the line DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(QUEST_OBJECTS_FOUND) to the parseleaderboard function and it showed %1$s: %2$d/%3$d when playing a in german and %s: %d/%d in any other language.
                              It seems Blizzard messed something up with the constants in the german version.

I modified the function and got the guide viewer working, tested with german, english, spanish and french.
                              Change lines 2115-2144 in zygorGuidesViewer.lua to:
                              Code:
                              function me:ParseLeaderBoard(leaderboard,type)
                                local formatter,item,num,numneeded
                                if type=="monster" then
                                  formatter = QUEST_MONSTERS_KILLED:gsub("1%$",""):gsub("2%$",""):gsub("3%$",""):gsub("%%s","(.-)"):gsub("%%d","(%%d+)")
                                elseif type=="item" then
                                elseif type=="faction" then
                                  formatter = QUEST_FACTION_NEEDED:gsub("1%$",""):gsub("2%$",""):gsub("3%$",""):gsub("%%s","(.-)"):gsub("%%d","(%%d+)")
                                else
                                  formatter = QUEST_OBJECTS_FOUND:gsub("1%$",""):gsub("2%$",""):gsub("3%$",""):gsub("%%s","(.-)"):gsub("%%d","(%%d+)")
                                end

if type=="monster" and not item then
                                  DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(QUEST_ITEMS_NEEDED)
                                  -- some quests have objective type 'monster' yet are displayed using the ITEMS formatting. Go figure.
                                end

if (item) then
                                  if type=="faction" then
                                    return item,num,numneeded
                                  else
                                    return item, tonumber(num), tonumber(numneeded)
                                  end
                                else
                                  return leaderboard, 0, 1
                                end
                              end
                              If I do like u wrote, the viewer does not appear. Ok, i dont have an error but I have no viewer :-) Damn, 40 Euro for nothing

Comment

Working...
                              X