Auctioneer Addon Advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auctioneer Addon Advise

I just got the horde/alliance leveling guide bundle and I am very pleased. What a difference. The little in-game time I have definitely is much better used.

I have been checking out the Auctioneer guide. Have downloaded auctioneeraddon and have it up and running. My question is this; everything that I have received in game as drops, the auctioneer recommendation is ‘vendor item’. This is what I have been doing all along anyway. I thought the whole idea of this addon was to help in determining what to auction an item for. Am I doing something wrong? A little help would be appreciated.

I think you will have to run a scan of the auction house first then Auctioneer will advise you on prices.

Comment

Yes, ideally you want to scan the auction house every day if you can (scan button on the bottom left of the first tab). A scan normally takes around 10 minutes, depending on how active the auction house is on your server. Scanning allows Auctioneer to build a database of prices for all items it finds on the auction house in order to give you information as to what you could expect to get by trying to sell any given item thru the auction house. Normally you won't start to see proper normal auction house prices until after a week or two of scanning because of all the screwy auction prices out there from people trying to be greedy or those selling dirt cheap trying to empty their bags.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

most world drops are not worth auctioning anyway - unless you stumble across a green "twink" item, those can be sold for serious gold.

For green items, you're better off disenchanting them (or getting a friend/guildie to do it) low level dusts sell for a fortune as people want to powerlevel enchanting (many of the dusts actually sell for more than infinite dust does - even the starting strange dust)

Same with professions - especially tailoring - don't try and auction or vend the green items you make as you level professions - get them disenchanted and sell the dusts and essences. You will make a killing.

Comment

Great advise, thank you. Do you normally auction stacks of cloth or just vendor it. My main that I am leveling has skinning so I usually have a lot of leather and usually get a lot of cloth from drops. Is this worth stacking and auctioning?

Comment

Depending on your server economy you won't make a whole lot off of selling the cloth and leather, but you'll still get a lot more than if you were to vendor it. Normally what I personally do is use any cloth I find to raise my First Aid skill and once I've got the next cloth bandage making skill I'll sell off any of the lower cloth I find from that point on in the AH. Most items that are used in a profession will sell on the AH for more than you can sell them to a vendor.

Also, as sonalita said, selling the green items isn't worth it sometimes. Again, this depends on your server economy. Either way, most times you can get more for green items by selling them on the AH than you can get from selling to a vendor.

Comment

Thank you all for the help.

Comment

I have been using the auctioneer lite add-on and have been very pleased with it. It has quicker scan times and is not full of bloatware

Comment

I have also used Auctionlite. The difference is the Auctioneer addon will scan your particular AH and what is availiable in your server, and not in all of WoW. After about 2 weeks worth of daily scans (and really, is that a lot to work for to gain max gold potential), you are equiped with the most updated and specific information on what you are able to bring to the AH in relations to your specific farming or instances. Further, it provides you with a method to track how much you are gaining and spending, if twinking an alt like I have done, in the "Bean Counter" section.
                    All-in-all, the Auctioneer addon gives more information and more specific information to max your gold return for your efforts.
                    Dont get me wrong, Auctionlite is a good program... just not as in depth, in my opinion.
                    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
                      I have also used Auctionlite. The difference is the Auctioneer addon will scan your particular AH and what is availiable in your server, and not in all of WoW. After about 2 weeks worth of daily scans (and really, is that a lot to work for to gain max gold potential), you are equiped with the most updated and specific information on what you are able to bring to the AH in relations to your specific farming or instances. Further, it provides you with a method to track how much you are gaining and spending, if twinking an alt like I have done, in the "Bean Counter" section.
                      All-in-all, the Auctioneer addon gives more information and more specific information to max your gold return for your efforts.
                      Dont get me wrong, Auctionlite is a good program... just not as in depth, in my opinion.
                      just removed auctioneer lite and re-installed auctioneer. Where do I look for the %'s on the resale value of an item to determine if it's profitable to buy something posted at a low price and turn around and resell it for a profit?

Comment

That is a pretty good question. I haven't gotten into the buying of an item in the AH to resell that same item in the AH. Usually, however, when you scan the AH in your server, you will get another box of information when you mouse over an item. That second box is the information auctioneer has gotten from that scan as to 1) what that item will go for at a vendor and 2) what it saw as a price in the AH.
                        With a few days or a week of scans, your database will be more indepth and show a more complete version of what you can expect that item to sell for.
                        Also, When you go to loot a kill, you will be able to get that same scaned information from auctioneer under the original box of information, telling you what it is going for, or has gone for, in the AH. It helps me to stay away from certain items that will end up clogging up my bags or my guild bank tabs. And if my bags do get full, I can choose if I want to delete some object based off what I get from the information. This way I dont loose a hot item for a mediocre item that will sell for half of what I passed on or deleted to make room.
                        I think you would have to do the actual math to get the % though, lol.
                        Give it a try for about 5 days. I am pretty sure you will become a convert <:-)

EDIT: This is another good reason to have an alt that only does your AH for you. The scans I do usually take 15 min to complete. I save my scanning until I want to eat lunch, logoff the toon Im working on, grab my 'mule' and scan the AH while I make lunch and eat. Works out pretty well for me, and no downtime. The AH information seems to carry over quite well from one toon to the next.
                        Last edited by Kamchak; November 20, 2009, 08:30 PM. Reason: More information to add
                        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Knowing if an item is worth buying low to resell high can sometimes be tricky and you'll slowly learn your server's economy to better know. There is a tool with Auctioneer to help you get a better idea if something is worth reselling. Use the search tab and then select resale from the listing on the left. You can set what the minimum profit you'd like to make on a resale, and you can also set the maximum you're willing to pay for an item. As stated before, having a few weeks worth of AH scans will really help to give a better idea of what kind of profit you might be able to make. I would suggest that while learning the whole resale aspect of the AH that you set the maximum price per item to something small, like maybe 25s. This way if you win the bid for the item and it turns out that there's too much competition and it doesn't resell well you won't be losing a lot of money. Also, don't get upset if you do lose money while trying to play the AH as you will always have stuff that you try to get for resale that just doesn't sell and you end up with lost money on that item. It's all about doing multiple items so that in general you make a profit and can ignore the few spots here and there where you have a loss.

Comment

To answer your question about cloth - wool cloth, especialy if you are horde is definately worth selling. Twinks use this for bandages and horde side, wool is harder to get than alliance (stockades drops a lot of it but there really isnt a similar horde instance)

Silk is very very plentiful so I would vend it, or get a tailor to make it to greens and then get them disenchanted

Mageweave is a pain to farm - that auctions quite well.

Runecloth is quite comon, but still sellable, but probably better turning to dust via tailoring/disenchanting

Netherweave is VERY abundant so you may not make much from it on ah - definately turn it into planar essences and arcane dust - both of which sell VERY well as quite a few people still want some of the tbc weapon enchants as well as enchanters needing vast quyantities of arcane dust to powerlevel

frostweave is best turned into frostweave bags, those sell quite well but you need quite a lot to make a bag as well as a lot of infinite dust. You can also just get it made into greens and disenchanted for the dust and essences. Frostweave cloth itself doesnt sell for much on the ah as tailors get bucketloads of it with their special buff that gets them extra cloth from mobs in northrend

Comment

Working...
                            X