Patch 3.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patch 3.3

Will I have to update the guide for Patch 3.3. Seems to be out today, unless just another prepatch.

no patch 3.3 isnt out yet, although Blizzard have just activated the background downloader for it so it isn't far away.

Shouldn't be any need to change the guide other than the toc number so it doesn't register as out of date - although 3.3 does have the VERY cool quest history API which the guide could make use of quite easily - but that would require changes to the guide engine itself

Comment

Fret not and despair not, dear friends. The guide will make full use of the aforementioned quest API. Hence - yes, you should definitely update the guide, and you certainly will not regret doing so.

Comment

Thanks for your responses.

Comment

So the quest history API will let an add-on track what you have and have not completed?

If so I think it would be awesome to see what I have missed such that I can go back and "clean things up" once I hit 80
          Cairne Realm
          Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
          Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
          Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

I expect a lot of addons such as Carbonite and QuestHelper will make extensive use of that feature.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by zgdev View Post
              Fret not and despair not, dear friends. The guide will make full use of the aforementioned quest API. Hence - yes, you should definitely update the guide, and you certainly will not regret doing so.
              This is going to rock I can't wait man

I hope it also makes use of the game map and maybe we can get rid of Cart
              All using Zygors guide.

LvL 84 Priest ` Healster ` Holy/Shadow
              LvL 84 Warrior ` Battlecry ` Prot/Arms
              LvL 85 Hunter ` Killshott ` Marksmanship
              LvL 85 Mage ` Trajan ` Arcane
              LvL 82 Warlock Pyroclasm ` Affli
              LvL 85 Druid ` Sangera ` Balance/Restor
              LvL 85 Paladin ` Ret/holy
              LvL 85 Shaman ` Reincarn ` Elem/Restor

Comment

the quest history api is live on the ptr and it is very useful. several mods have alreadyupdated to make use of it as soon as 3.3 hits - everyquest is one. I expect questhelper and most definately zygor to be there ready too - I presume zygor is testing stuff on the PTR?

Also in 3.3 is the new map which shows you mob locations - in one way it is better than zygor in that it will show you the whole range of where the mobs can be found as a shaded area on the map (or multiple shaded areas) however, there is no waypoint arrow and as far as I know, no waypoint api like in cart - so unless we go back to tomtom, we will still have to use cart :s

Comment

There has got to be a way for them to intergrade it But I don't think it would be ready it would seem like a lot of work I would think Zygor you have to give us a little hint about it PLEASE
                  All using Zygors guide.

Comment

"But I don't think it would be ready it would seem like a lot of work "

The api has been on the ptr for weeks so I'm sure Zygor will have something ready for us when 3.3 hits.

It's realy quite easy to take advantage of actually. All you need to do is at startup you get the list of completed quests from the server (which only takes a couple of seconds even on the ptr). Then when the guide is presenting you with a quest it just needs to crosscheck the completed quests lists to see if you have done it, in a similar way that it courrently checks class specific quests. Repeat until it finds one you haven't done.

For Somone new to the guide that has a character theyre levelling, it may be a bit tricker - for example if you levelled in ghiostlands and you're now level 50 when you install the guide, you won't want the guide sending you to barrens. I would imagine the best strategy would be an automation of the recommended way to sync the guide - i.e. start scanning for quests 2 levels below you and start crosschecking the suggested quests with completed quests and only present those you haven't yet done. That would be quite easy to do as well.

Some mods are already released with support for the new api (Everyquest is one such)

Comment

If Zygor can pull this off man, its going to rock. We will always know what step we are on if it could just sync to what step we completed last that would be another good way of doing it too. This patch is one of there best yet. I can't help to think that the Xpack is around the corner though. I say in about 6 months maybe sooner I know nothing has been annouced but I have a feeling that something is coming out about the release date and soon. The stuff I saw at Blizzcon was awsome. I know they still have some work to do but if you saw what I saw then you would really know that its coming soon.

They said this is the LAST Major patch before the Xpack patch but that could change too. Blizzard does there own think
                      All using Zygors guide.

Comment

Working...
                      X