OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zygor, which hunter pet do you use when leveling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor, which hunter pet do you use when leveling?

It's really great that you have made builds for all the three different kinds of pets, but which one do you use and recommend? Ferocity for faster killing or Tenacity for better soloing? (Or Cunning for whatever reason)

I'm using your leveling build, if that has any effect on the choice.

Thank you if you take the time to answer.

I know you addressed Zygor, but this is a common hunter debate question. The pet you use is really up to you. Ferocity pets are great for DPS and leveling as they can kill a mob faster. Cats and Wolves are great choices as always. Tenacity pets like bears are great as your own personal tank while leveling. Their DPS isnt as high as those of Ferocity, but they are still decent. Plus with a Tenacity pet you can take on multiple mobs and your pet will more than likely survive as opposed to a Ferocity one.

Personally, I used a bear from level 11 until 80. Once he learned Thunder Stomp, and growl was active, I never took aggro from any mob. Thunder Stomp is the single most important crowd control ability a pet can have in my opinion. I enjoyed being able to agrro 2-5 mobs and using AoE to mow them down while my bear tanked. I did grab a cat at 80, and it does kill mobs noticeably faster, but it also died more while I was running instances so I went back to my old faithful bear. Just my two cents.

Comment

Working...
    X