Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guide Update Installation

Hi

When there is an update out from the guide, should i install it normaly with the .exe file? Or should i delete the old guide before?

And where can i look which version of the guide i use?

Thank you very much for the answers and sorry if the question is somewhere else in this forum.

Best regards,
    Poksi

Hello poksi,

If there is an update, you should follow these steps:

Step 1: Navigate to .../World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/

Step 2: Backup your AddOns folder by copying the folder "AddOns" and pasting it into another location.

Step 3: Delete every folder with "Cartographer" and "Zygor" in the name.

Step 4:
    a) Use the automatic installer to install the current guide version.
    b) Follow the steps -> HERE <- to perform a manual installation of the guide.

NOTE: Please mark down the current step you are on, and made sure you have backed up the Talent Advisor to ensure any custom builds are still available, and you can return to the guide at the exact step you were previously on.

Hope this helps!
    Silverhawk11
    It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you very much. i read your post a little bit too late, but i did it likeyou say.

Only one thing i didnt do. I had not deleted zygor and cartographer addons from the Addons Folder before i installed the new version.

So my question is now if there can be any problems when i didnt deleted the files before i install the new version.

Best regards,
      Poksi

Comment

Hello poksi,

I don't believe there will be any issues if you overwrote the files. However, if you do experience issues, try uninstalling the files and then installing the guide as previously mentioned.

Silverhawk11
        It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
        X