Old Guide UI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Guide UI

Hey, So i downloaded and tried the new 2.0 guide and I absolutely cant stand the new UI. I hate flashy, animated things, I like all aspects of my interface clean minimal and simple, and even waiting for the silly gear to slide out to enter options and scrolling through quests was a nuisance and as such I just went back to the old guide because in collapsed mode it is perfect for me.

My question is, are there any dependencies in the guides to the viewers? I'd like to know if I will run into any issues using the newer Guide, with the older Zygor Viewer.

As far as I know the new guides won't work properly with the old viewer as there was a lot of internal changes done to the viewer. You can however simulate the older style viewer with the new one. In the options for the new viewer down near the bottom are check boxes to turn off the flashy aspects and for the guide window there's a check box to hide the frame which will make it look a lot like the older viewer.

You're not the first one to long for the old viewer styling and this is the closest that you can get with the new viewer currently.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The old guide viewer does not comply with Blizzards addon policies. Use at your own risk.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

For one, you can *hide* the outside bits you complain about so that it's only visible if you mouse over the top bit of the guide, this ensures a cleaner look & feel.

Secondly, you don't have to wait for anything to slide out (or finish animating) before you can click on it I just click and go. No delay here.

I'm sure you don't like animatey/flashy thingies... but there's several options available to you that I can't see you bothered trying before jumping back to the old guide viewer.

I know new things are sometimes a bit of a pain to get used to, especially for people set in their ways, but I can assure you the things you complained about is already taken care of in the new viewer and you just need to play around with it a bit more.

I sure as hell don't wait for Windows' "start-up sound" to finish playing before I start clicking away...

Comment

Working...
        X