How to Change Your Forum Name Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Change Your Forum Name Discussion

When I originally signed up here at the forum, the Forum Name I chose was "WestOfCA." [the letters, W, O, C, and A in capital letters]

However, after logging in the first time, I noticed all the letters in my name were (now) lower case. I assumed that's the way the forrum functions, no biggie.

But, then I read your post.

Thus, I have now logged in, as "westofca" & clicked the edit profile button, as suggested. I then "changed" the letters in my name to (again) be correctly displayed as "WestOfCA."

Yet, when i do that & then click the "save changes," button I receive an error message saying: "sorry that name has already been selected (something like that)."

What gives?
    "Gaijin" (foreigner) in Japan.

Greetings,

I'm not entirely positive why you've got this error, but rather than going around you and changing it for you, I'll try and get you to fix it yourself, so that, in the process, I may be able to see why it didn't work - as, I changed my username in a very similar fashion, and consistently sign into the forums with lowercase letters - and as you may have noticed, I have a capitalized username.

My suggestion is this - change your username to something else - anything, random string of numbers/letters, if you like - and then, change it again, making sure to type the capitals. I think this should fix your issue - because, it should get rid of that 'someone else has this username' issue, since no one will have it, if you do not.

If this does not work, I'll flex a bit of my newly alloted muscle and see about directly changing your username from the forum moderation control panel.

Regards,

B/C/D/C

Comment

Cool, thanks B_C_D_C. Soon as I get an extra minute or two (maybe after lunch, yes it's luchtime here in Japan, Oz & NZ, too! lol), I'll try & do it exactly as suggested.

Yeah!!

Lights, Action, Camera! Rdy tRoknRoll now!! :-)

I did it exactly the way you said--worked like a charm.

Thanks again, B_C_D_C ; appreciate the help.

Cheers

Posts merged. -B/C/D/C

Comment

Testing....

Woot! It put the W uppercase... it urked me that it made it lowercase after i KNOW that i put it uppercase.

Thanks for the help.

It's the little tings in life...

Posts merged. -B/C/D/C
        I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Werderx View Post

It's the little tings in life...
          sometimes those little ones can make a BIG difference, hey?

Comment

I will try it too.
            As it happens, the same happened to me. I know I wrote the first letter of my username with capital letters and still I got the name with all in lower case

Comment

Lets see if this one worked... changed name and back again, as you suggested...

Edited: Worked wonders

Comment

Working...
              X