New Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Account

So, here is a question for those with lots of WoW time and experience with mutiple accounts:

If I want to create a new account since my other one was hacked, can I do so without having to buy new CD keys and what not? Or since my account was closed by Blizzard, do I now have to buy a new CD Key or something to start a new account if I chose to?

Just curious as I only have had the 1 account for the last year and am looking at my possibilities. Thanks

You have to buy a key for each account. You could create a new account with the 14 day trial thing and see if your stuff gets resolved by then without having to pay. If it's not resolved at that point then the choice will be yours if you want to pay for a new key or not.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

That is what I figured. Well, wouldn't that just suck. Someone hacks my account, cleans me out, gets my account banned, and then I have to pay more money in order to play the game again? Guess it will be time to break away if that happens for sure.

Comment

I'm sure with a little patience that Blizzard will get it all straightened out for you, we're all crossing our fingers.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Hello buckynaked,

I highly recommend waiting a bit. A good friend of mine just recently created an account to play RAF and the day after his account was created, it was hacked. He was able to change the information before they could get any further, but the security in the battle.net accounts is just ridiculous.

I'm 95% sure you'll be able to recover your belongings. Just have to wait for everything to get fixed. Sorry to hear about the account mate.

Silverhawk11
          It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
            You have to buy a key for each account. You could create a new account with the 14 day trial thing and see if your stuff gets resolved by then without having to pay. If it's not resolved at that point then the choice will be yours if you want to pay for a new key or not.
            The problem I had with the transition was lost lvl's I achieved, and lost items / gold.

I started with the 14 day trial, and did prety well on several toons. When I chose to buy the game and keep going, I lost 2/3 of my work, and a toon.

My advise.... be patient.
            "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Working...
            X