Need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help

Alright I need some help from anyone who has any ideas at all. So the problem is this. I log into game and have waypoint addon currently set to none. Now when I have NOTES checked when i log into game and set the waypoint addon to Cartographer 2 it gives me a error that reads unepexted expectation WoW must shut down click ok to continue. So I click ok and bam shuts down WoW. Now if I go into the game and unclick notes then go to addon waypoints and click Cartograhper 2 it does nothing just says it cant find it. So therefore something is going on within the notes area of the addon. Please Please someone try and help me with this the best you can. I have wrote the zygor team but they are yet to get back to me. List everything I could possibly try and do. I have searched my comp for other files cannot find anything. I have downloaded the cartographer from curse same thing. Please anything you can think of. Thanks.

P.S. The only thing not working are map icons and the arrow. But without them I have to sit there and find the coords on the map and it waste time. So I really need this solution solved. Other then this I love the addon and am sure when I get this fixed I will be even more amazed. Thanks zygor for a wonderful guide.

Originally posted by newbiee View Post
    Alright I need some help from anyone who has any ideas at all. So the problem is this. I log into game and have waypoint addon currently set to none. Now when I have NOTES checked when i log into game and set the waypoint addon to Cartographer 2 it gives me a error that reads unepexted expectation WoW must shut down click ok to continue. So I click ok and bam shuts down WoW. Now if I go into the game and unclick notes then go to addon waypoints and click Cartograhper 2 it does nothing just says it cant find it. So therefore something is going on within the notes area of the addon. Please Please someone try and help me with this the best you can. I have wrote the zygor team but they are yet to get back to me. List everything I could possibly try and do. I have searched my comp for other files cannot find anything. I have downloaded the cartographer from curse same thing. Please anything you can think of. Thanks.

P.S. The only thing not working are map icons and the arrow. But without them I have to sit there and find the coords on the map and it waste time. So I really need this solution solved. Other then this I love the addon and am sure when I get this fixed I will be even more amazed. Thanks zygor for a wonderful guide.
    Let me see if I get what is happening. You have the guide loaded with Cartographer 2 from curse.com, had deleted all cartographer prior to doing that, but have to click on or off Cartopgrapher and/or waypoint to function?

If you dont have Cartographer checked, the rest wont function. The only other parts of Cartographer needed for the guide are waypoint and notes. The rest can be removed or just not loaded.

If I had this problem, I would remove all Zygor and Cartographer in my system, reload from the members area, do into the addon folder and remove all but Cartographer, Waypoint, Notes, and Foglight (I like to see the full map).

Hope this is helpful.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

If all else fails get the TomTom addon (not sure if Curse has it but WoWInterface will) and use that instead of Cartographer for the waypoint arrow. TomTom isn't fully supported but will work in most cases.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

No I have cartograhper checked..

EDIT: Just tryed tomtoms it said access violation...Shut down wow same error was the other one. I wonder is it cause I only have the trial version?

Comment

Trial version of the guide or trial version of WoW?
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Trial version of WoW

Comment

Trial version of WoW
              That helps a lot, actually. When I used the trial version, many things would not function for me, like being able to pass inventory to another player. What you are running is WoW in the background, and not 'ingame' as though you loaded the game from the DVD.

What you should do is grab the game from the store, and I personally recomend getting at least the box set with regular WoW AND The Burning Crusade ($39.95). Expect that everything you have right now (inventory, gold, levels on toons, etc) will not all be there when you get the 'full' version.

I lost about 10 levels on two toons each when I transfered to the full version, some gold, and inventory items.... just know it can happen. If you have someone ingame that you trust with the full version now, see if you can mail them all your gold and inventory before you make the change.

Comment

So is this why the arrow and stuff is not working.

Comment

So is this why the arrow and stuff is not working.
                  That would be my guess. Having the trial version is great for getting you hooked, but you dont get the full dose until you load the game from the DVD.

Comment

Yes, that is why. Trial WoW accounts are not allowed to load addons. Your addons will load correctly once you've upgraded to a full paid WoW account.
                    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Thanks guys I plan on buying it tommoro

Comment

Thanks guys I plan on buying it tommoro
                        Good news. Keep in mind about the loss I mentioned, and try the mail option. not sure it will work, but worth a try.

Comment

Working...
                        X