need help with gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help with gold

well i have the best lvling guide for wow...anyone know whats the best gold guide?

get to the level cap... once i hit lvl 80 and kept doing daily quests gold wasn't an issue.

Comment

Also check out this thread: http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3483
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

2nd both of those above comments.

1) I am lvl 69 right now and once I got to Outlands the coin reward for quests became quite worth it. I am actually staying ahead of the curve even with buying ALL my skills. I know, there are hints in Zygor's guide to only buy what you need but me and my OCD self can't leave unpurchased spells/skills

2) look into the AH. I actually took to buying herbs really low (<40%) and convert them into ink. Not sure why but I have made over 300G selling moonglow ink. Look for something like that which you can do and leave a toon close to a main town to bank for you.

3) look into gathering. Herbs and leather sell really well on my server. Metal used to but I am not sure since I don't mine anymore. Make your char a dual gatherer and sell. Then once you have a lot of spare coins re-prof to whatever you want.
        Cairne Realm
        Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
        Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
        Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

The best gathering profession to grab is skinning. About half of the mobs you have to kill while leveling you can skin and the 2 seconds it takes to skin doesn't impact greatly on your leveling time, plus you're not going out of your way to get the leather.

After skinning it's a toss up between the herbalism and mining as you don't normally run across the stuff while following the guide, but instead have to re-adjust your path to stop and grab a node. Of these two I think that herbalism would probably be the better one since it seems that the plant nodes are normally a lot closer to your path between quests so that you won't be wasting as much time to go gather it fast.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
            The best gathering profession to grab is skinning. About half of the mobs you have to kill while leveling you can skin and the 2 seconds it takes to skin doesn't impact greatly on your leveling time, plus you're not going out of your way to get the leather.

After skinning it's a toss up between the herbalism and mining as you don't normally run across the stuff while following the guide, but instead have to re-adjust your path to stop and grab a node. Of these two I think that herbalism would probably be the better one since it seems that the plant nodes are normally a lot closer to your path between quests so that you won't be wasting as much time to go gather it fast.
            I will agree with Cabby 100% on this post. Skinning... you already need to kill the PvE's, and 50% of them you can skin. Mining, you need to stop where you are going and adjust your path most often. While the same can be said for herb, it is far less of a path adjustment. While I mine, I have to choose a time where I will go out and grind nodes, taking time out of my leveling. The bars go for good coin on my server right now, so I take an hour or so every couple days to go out and mine.

In the end, having a lvl 80 will solve your gold needs, but you still need to be able to fund that toon to 80.

For me, once I have an 80, then I will worry about a production profession like alchemy or leatherworker.
            "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

<edit>
              Ok so after playing 3.3 on my priest, I think the need for equipment gold is going to pass. Satchel of Helpful Goods looks to help this out, check out the blue post - http://blue.mmo-champion.com/13/1154...ful-goods.html

I might add the new LFD system is fast, I found a group very quickly of low lvls.

So now every day you can run a random instance, get gear, gold, and the extra XP
              <edit>

I have to 100% agree with fatterknacker's comment. I just hit 80 about a month ago.

All through 80 I was working hard with my bank alt to get enough for cold weather flying and it sucked .... alot (auction house). But it was good money. When I finally go the money for cold weather flying I stopped the ah, and said I"m just going to do dailies for the rest of my gold.

And seriously no joke, I got my epic mount over the course of 2 weeks, this was with all dailies, and selling daily rewards (got a couple of bells from fishing ).

----

On the lower end Gold is not as important as i have found most of the gear you get from quests are more than sufficient. If you are using this guide, focus on leveling it will be sufficient for your needs.

Bottom line Gold will come when you go hit 80. Until then every quest that rewards items that you can't use take the one that fetches the highest vendor price so you can sell it. Always loot grays and sell them, and don't waste money on the AH buying blues/high priced greens. If push comes to shove and you need a crafted item Join a guild and get a guildie to make it for you. They will often times do it for free, I find myself making endless amounts of netherweave bags just to help people out. Mostly because I know it sucked when I was lower, and anything I can do to help the process i'm more than willing to help out.

<gets off soapbox>

Comment

Working...
              X