Question about laptop playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about laptop playing

Hi i stop playing WOW about 6 months ago. Well i just started back up today. BTW when i re-downloaded Zygor guide i saw that i got the 2.0 version, yay free updates! Anyway i used to play on on a desktop but now being in college i got a laptop. It is a little difficult to play. Any tips to ease the transition from desktop to laptop.

Buy a mouse man, lol

Comment

lol, why didn't i think about that. thank you

Comment

Originally posted by bmetal View Post
        Hi i stop playing WOW about 6 months ago. Well i just started back up today. BTW when i re-downloaded Zygor guide i saw that i got the 2.0 version, yay free updates! Anyway i used to play on on a desktop but now being in college i got a laptop. It is a little difficult to play. Any tips to ease the transition from desktop to laptop.
        I have been using a laptop for the last 3 years or so with no problems. The only thing that is negative about using a laptop is the inability to update a single unit (vid card, etc).

Other than that... wow sets its display and function settings according to what it detects in your system.

Not sure much more can be done than a mouse.... except getting speakers as well. LOL
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Most of my wow experience has been on a laptop without a mouse. There are times it can be really tough to click on what you want to (pvp is a nightmare with a touchpad), but most of the time you can use Tab to target the nearest enemy, and if you're a lock/hunter you can make a macro to have your pet attack whatever target is closest, then hotbar it. Minimizing your touchpad use is big on keeping the /played time down.

Now that I think about it, I don't know if I'll ever go back to using a mouse. I feel like I can get to the higher number hotbar abilities faster without one. Who knows though, maybe I'm just crazy.
          Lifetime Natural Bodybuilder

Current Weight: 222
          Goal Weight: 198
          16 Weeks til WI State Fair Bodybuilding
          22 Weeks til NANBF Badger Classic

Comment

I play on both desktop and laptop (when I'm at work) and having a mouse is definitely something needed to make life easier if you're used to desktop playing. Luckily you can find a good selection of mice for a laptop that aren't expensive.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

All I play on is a lap top.
              first Get a 10 key pad it makes it much easier to map keys.
              I had a problem with the key pad sliding around on the lap table I always use when playing. I took velcro squares and put on the corners of both the laptop and the keypad. Keeps them both in the right place.

I personally don't like seperate keyboards, it puts me too far from the screen and I don't have the space to use a seperate monitor.

Comment

Or just do like I did, get a laptop designed for gaming. Mine came with a very nice graphics card separate from the motherboard, built in 5.1 speaker system, separate number pad, etc. All I've had to do was add a mouse instead of the touch pad and it's almost like playing on my desktop.
                My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The most important thing is the mouse!! What I did was bought a wireless mouse, keyboard, speaker combo for my laptop and then bought a separate monitor! Basically a desktop now and only 1/3 of the price haha=P but yeah it works wonders

Comment

If you play and work at home and your laptop does not have a large display and / or resolution you may consider a monitor. If you have a DVI or HDMI output at the laptop it is pretty easy to connect a 22 inch widescreen display which makes life in WoW much better as you have more space for your addons.
                    But be aware that 1680*1050 pixels require a good video card and CPU in the laptop.

Comment

Working...
                    X