OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another way to get you guides/waypoints running w/3.3...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another way to get you guides/waypoints running w/3.3...

As we are all finding out, the actual Zygor Guide is not causing all the headaches with the latest patch, it's the issues with Cartographer and the way Blizzard has changed how the map works.

What I did to get my waypoints working with my guide again (temporarily until Cartographer gets updated) was disabled Cartographer completely, added TomTom (which HAS been updated on WoWAce), and once inside the game, went to the Zygor Guides Options to the Waypoints and changed it to use TomTom for waypoints. Works like a charm and still enables you to use the new Blizzard map features, which I found to be SWEET! LOL

Anyway, gl and hopefully ckknight will get a Cartographer update out soon

Thanks,
    Trixie1971

Did the same thing yesterday. Works well
    Last edited by argoss1963; December 9, 2009, 07:00 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

That might be a problem. It may be a few days until we see an update on Cartographer 2. Reports are that ckknight might not update it at all. However, we shall wait and see. Remember, this is a major content update and most authors are scrambling to get releases out that work with 3.3. That said, I would wait until the weekend to get updates. I check my addon updates on major patch days every 6-8 hours (essentially, before I start playing for the day and then again after I quit for the day) for 10-14 days through the Curse Client.
      My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

Comment

Thanks, Trixie1971. I just bought the guide.

As I suggested in another topic, maybe the guide should be packaged with TomTom rather than Cartographer. Unless of course we'd see Cartographer 3...

Comment

TomTom isn't officially supported by the Zygor Guides and only had some integration thru user requests. Only Cartographer v2 is the officially supported addon for using the waypoint arrow and as such, TomTom may not always work.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

If you experience problems with TomTom and your WoW language is not english check my thread in the bugs section HERE.
            If your char is a Deathknight then TomTom will not work in the starting area.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
              TomTom isn't officially supported by the Zygor Guides and only had some integration thru user requests. Only Cartographer v2 is the officially supported addon for using the waypoint arrow and as such, TomTom may not always work.
              I switched back to Cartographer v2 and it works fine. This is on a fresh WTF and INTERFACE setup so there could have been prior settings interfering with it.

Thanks!

Comment

I use part of Cart 2 and Cart 3, I myself like the zoom in feature of Cart 3. You should also always delete all addons in the addon folder then reinstall them after a new patch. For me it just makes less headaches.

Comment

Map issue

The problem is with the new "Show Quest Info" checkbox on the bottom right of th world map.

That option changes the size of the world map to allow for the new frames in the map.

Uncheck that box on the worldmap and all should be good.

Comment

Working...
                  X