OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just bought guide, not seeming to work at all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just bought guide, not seeming to work at all.

bought the guide about an hour ago and im allready having major problems with it, the arrow has stopped loading and my wow keeps coming up with leu problems and wont go away after clicking the cross many times, when i open the map the map wont go away.
    my orignal dissapoinment with the guide was not scaling to my level, but now ive found out how to get to the guide of my level.

this isnt working at all and was meant to make my wow experince better, but has just turned into a massive headache. can this be resolved, can a refund be offered?

Please don't give up on the guides just yet. You'll find many people here that will swear that the guides DO make your WoW experience better. The problem you're facing is one that we're all facing right now, Blizzard just updated WoW to patch 3.3 and this has caused problems for all addons. The Zygor team are working very hard to get an update to the guides out for everyone and the hope is that it will be posted by tomorrow.

One thing to note is that if you are running the trial version of WoW the guides will not work with it. Other than that try some of the suggestions in this thread to get the guide to work temporarily until the new version is released: http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3613
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

thanks for the reply, i cans ee by looking at the guides its going to be good, i guess i bought it at the wrong time. i hope an update comes soon so i can going.
      ill have a look over the suggestions in the thread, thanks.

Comment

If you *just* bought it as my wife did with the horde guide, you were very unfortunate. It worked great for me for the past few weeks up until this patch. Hang in there.

Comment

kinda sorta

The guides are great but the latest patch kinda broke them. I can still use them as long as I don't open the map. That might be my own problem and not anyone elses. Not really sure. Anyways I just disable and reenable the addons and it works again but I have to keep remembering not to open the mini map. I will say I had to mess around with cartographer a bit to get it to work; I had to disable most of it but some of it had to be enabled to see the arrow.

Comment

Also, make sure you have the most current edition of the guide. If all else fails, do what I do: Start over from scratch. I know it's a pain in the butt, but I find that starting all new characters after major patches works wonders. I haven't had a problem yet. I have other addons that are giving me headaches, but that's another story.
            My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

Comment

Back in business!

I just read another post and instead of dealing with cartographer I got Tom Tom and then went to Game Menu > Interface > Addons Tab > Zygor Guides > Map-Related Settings and set the Waypointing icon to TomTom and I'm back in business! And I can use the map! Thank you to Trixie1971!

Comment

If you are having trouble with Cartographer and the new Blizzard map and quest location system, make sure the "Show Quest Objectives" box is unchecked at the bottom of your world map ingame. This will make the map look normal again, like you are used to Cartographer making it look.
                Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by rapier View Post
                  I just read another post and instead of dealing with cartographer I got Tom Tom and then went to Game Menu > Interface > Addons Tab > Zygor Guides > Map-Related Settings and set the Waypointing icon to TomTom and I'm back in business! And I can use the map! Thank you to Trixie1971!
                  Just confirming that this works, thanks!

I too, just bought the Horde guide. I *did not* load Cartographer but TomTom instead. Works great with the new map system.

I think Zygor Guides should be re-packaged with TomTom rather than Cartographer?

Comment

Stick with it mate!

I'm a grumpy old bar steward and if anything is sub-par I WILL complain.

Zygor's is the Mutts Nutts and I would recommend it to anyone.

Comment

Is there not a test server with future patches already deployed ? If so, why are not some members of the Zygor team preparing fixes ahead of the patches official release date ?

Comment

I believe Zygor does test on the test server. I am sure Cabby or Support will comfirm this. Howver there are always changes made after the test server and with ALL addons they have to be run on the Live Servers. Blizzard seems to always break addon after a patch. I have been running the Horde Guide and I have had no problems the Zygor. I have had problems with other addons though. Like Cart not working with the new map. BUt this has nothing to do with Zygor it is Cart's issuse. Which does make things hard to use with Zygor. I just use the Cart, Notes and waypoints like they suggest and thigs seem ok for now.

Comment

Yes, as Silvaro says every effort is made to be prepared for Blizzard patch days, but until Blizzard actually pushes the patch to live no addon authors will know what final changes Blizzard decides on and how Blizzard will implement the changes. The test server is used by Blizzard to test things but they're always tweaking their code to try to get it to work better and the final code tweaks for a patch seldom make it to the test server.
                          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

New Zygor Viewer Issue

I have been using Zygor Guides for a very long time now. Today I downloaded the update for the viewer. When I logged into the game it said I did not have any guides loaded. So, I went into the viewer folder in my Addons folder and found the "Guides" folder. The Readme file says to move the guides to this file. I tried that but nothing worked and when I looked at the add on in game the drop down list in the options shows no guides. I DO have the guides. Both of them, Horde and Alliance 1-80. So my question is do I have to move the guide files or the guild folders? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comment

Yeah... I deleted all of the cartographer crap, downloaded the updated TomTom from wowinterface.com and the guide automatigically knew to use TomTom without me having to do anything.

Used it for about two hours last night, FANTASTIC!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X