new version versus old version that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new version versus old version that

Hi everyone. I have to vent here and you folks at zygor know I have always been a great defender of yours,but this new program is really not working well. You really have to watch everything and it seems that you get lost as to where you are supposed to be. I find myself working more to try and get back to where I was than it is worth. The old version was better for locking you in , but this new version is so hard to deal with. I know you want us to write down where we left off and I have done. When I log on it still seems not to work. Just venting but I would rather have the old version than this one.Can we have a choice ...Sorry

Completely agree. I caught "?" in my task panel and cannot recognize where I should go. I have written to Zygor support and post the forum again but nothing received. The old viewer is more stable and easy to do.

I vote in favour of the old viewer.

Comment

Unfortunately the old viewer no longer complies with the new Blizzard addon policy. Using the old viewer isn't an option anymore. I know the Zygor team are trying to do a whole lot of things right now to get the new stuff working the way it's intended to work, we just need to be patient and give them the time they need.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by GnomeKnight View Post
        Hi everyone. I have to vent here and you folks at zygor know I have always been a great defender of yours,but this new program is really not working well. You really have to watch everything and it seems that you get lost as to where you are supposed to be. I find myself working more to try and get back to where I was than it is worth. The old version was better for locking you in , but this new version is so hard to deal with. I know you want us to write down where we left off and I have done. When I log on it still seems not to work. Just venting but I would rather have the old version than this one.Can we have a choice ...Sorry
        Sorry, I don't understand. So you write down the step you're on, and what guide section, and you still cannot find where you left off? Can you explain more about what the guide is doing exactly?
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

theres a new version out?...im still using the version before 3.3 i dont see a newer version of zygors guide in members area

Comment

He meant new version as in v1.0 vs. v2.0.

Comment

re: writing down the steps HUMMMM

You told me to write down each step so you are telling me to keep a log. Where did we loose the fact the your guide is supposed to be leading us not us helping the guide. I find having to keep a log unexceptable for a program that worked fine untill your upgrade. I think you have lost one of the more important steps to your program and that is leading us not us helping your guide. Very unhappy with this new version. I have two accounts and alot of toons which iam sure everyone has as far as toons and doing this on every toon is sad. Thats my feelings about this Im tired of getting lost because your guide looses it's place which the old guide never did. Very unhappy and looking . I know I cant be the only person yopu may loose due to this error.

Comment

Do you close WoW properly? Is WoW crashing before this happens? If you do not logout before closing WoW, or the game crashes, the guide cannot save your place.

We have tried and tried, but cannot reproduce this bug, so if anyone is having this same problem, please speak up and tell us exactly what happened before you ran into this problem.

Thanks.
                Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

What operating system do you have and where is World of Warcraft installed? If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7 and have World of Warcraft installed in C:\Program Files\ (or depending on your language can be different) then you should move the World of Warcraft folder so it is not inside C:\Program Files. For example move it to C:\World of Warcraft.

Comment

I haven't had this problem at all GnomeKnight. I have a feeling it's a bug specific to your installation. I'm pushing my max 50 characters and the guide remembers steps for each one.

Comment

I'd assume this was a problem with the cache files, and advise to delete the wtf folder. Not sure how Zygor handles the cache though.

I've experienced this problem myself, but like Zygor says, only when WoW crashes on me.

Comment

Originally posted by GnomeKnight View Post
                        You told me to write down each step so you are telling me to keep a log. Where did we loose the fact the your guide is supposed to be leading us not us helping the guide. I find having to keep a log unexceptable for a program that worked fine untill your upgrade. I think you have lost one of the more important steps to your program and that is leading us not us helping your guide. Very unhappy with this new version. I have two accounts and alot of toons which iam sure everyone has as far as toons and doing this on every toon is sad. Thats my feelings about this Im tired of getting lost because your guide looses it's place which the old guide never did. Very unhappy and looking . I know I cant be the only person yopu may loose due to this error.
                        GnomeKnight what error are you having? I find the new guide very easy to use. I only had to write down the section and step I was on for my toons before I installed the new version. I have had no real problems with knowing where to go with the guide except one stop in the Horde 13-20 section with the quest Argul Foley. Since I know this little hiccup I can work right around it.

I am sorry but I just don't understand what you are having a problem with the guide, pleease give us more info on this error.

Comment

Working...
                        X