can not load both guides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can not load both guides?

I have had the alliance guide for a long time, and now bought the horde guide. I can only load horde now, and if i swicth back to alliance there is no guide i can load unless i install the alliance guide again . any hints?

Grab one of the guides in the zip file (manual install link) and then extract the .lua file that's located inside the zip in the ZygorGuidesViewer/Guides folder to your WoW/Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Guides directory. This should result in both the ZygorGuidesHorde.lua and ZygorGuidesAlliance.lua files to be inside the Guides directory and then it will automatically load the appropriate guide for the faction you're playing.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

It is still unfortunate that those of us who have bought the two guides don't get an "everything" file. They probably start from a tree structure with everything anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by jabial View Post
        It is still unfortunate that those of us who have bought the two guides don't get an "everything" file. They probably start from a tree structure with everything anyway.
        If you buy them at once you will get a single installer, but if you buy both at seperate times they will each have separate order receipt and our system does not allow us to merge the receipts of two orders into one.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by ZG Support View Post
          If you buy them at once you will get a single installer, but if you buy both at seperate times they will each have separate order receipt and our system does not allow us to merge the receipts of two orders into one.
          I am a computer professional myself, so "our system does not allow" doesn't sound final to me. You wrote your system, didn't you ? I don't think it would be very hard to use an if( XY || ( X && Y ) ) { ... } else if ( X ) { ... } else if ( Y) { ... } instead of if ( XY ) { ... } if (X) { ... } if ( Y ) { ... } in the php code.

And if you didn't write it and you just use an existing engine, merging receipts should be an fairly simple SQL query anyway, which could be put into a script periodically run by cron daily so you don't have to check it by hand and respond to user requests yourself.

Comment

The problem isn't really the members software as much as the fact that we use a third party payment processor. Clickbank generates the receipt numbers and our database must match what they have on record. If a customer buys one guide Clickbank generates one receipt for them. If they later buy the other guide, Clickbank generates a second receipt for them. Even if we went into our system and merged their two guides it would still be split on Clickbanks side, which would cause problems for us if that customer needed help or required a refund for one guide but not the other. I'm not saying it's impossible, and we will talk to our programmers about it, but to me it seems there would be some obstacles to get around.

Comment

Clearly merging the receipts is not a good idea then, but taking into account that there are both receipts on record is still possible IMO.

Comment

unfortunatly not

from what ive read from above, it sounds to me like that will not happen' considering clickbank with get in the way. you' can't edit clickbank to merge both receipts' otherwise im sure Zygor would have done that already

But, Theres no way getting past clickbank because it seems to me this site's payments obviously go through there system which the only way you can merge the two receipts is if' you could get access to clickbanks' files or system or whatever.

Hopefully' you understand what im getting at..

This will not be Possible.

In anyway..

Its a completely different usage. You don't just edit a php file & whall'a sonshine Bit more complicated than that.

Regards,
                Japjap'

Comment

horde guide

i was going to get horde guide but this changed my mind sounds like to much trouble for us pc illiterate prople-but i love my alliance guide would not have played wow without it -and you guys are great
                  thanks

Comment

Originally posted by eco111 View Post
                    i was going to get horde guide but this changed my mind sounds like to much trouble for us pc illiterate prople-but i love my alliance guide would not have played wow without it -and you guys are great
                    thanks
                    You should not let the issues that arise deter you from getting the horde guide. The support given by Zygor Guides is quite exceptional.
                    I have no qualms about getting the horde guide, once Im ready to play a horde toon.
                    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I don't get it, there are two different problems here and they are both extremely easy to solve from a programmer's perspective.

You provide the links to the installers on your website to download from your website, so Clickbank really has nothing to do with this part of the problem. You know which links to make available as you know which guides someone has bought regardless of how they purchased them.

Code:
                      if (PurchasedHorde)
                        ShowHordeDownloadLink
                      if (PurchasedAlliance)
                        ShowAllianceDownloadLink
                      if (PurchasedHorde && PurchasedAlliance)
                        ShowHordeAllianceDownloadLink
                      That fixes the first problem.

The next problem is that your installer seems to delete the old guide/addon. Don't delete the guides folder!

-David
                      Last edited by owensd; December 19, 2009, 12:52 AM. Reason: ability to spell would be nice

Comment

Originally posted by owensd View Post
                        Code:
                        if (PurchasedHorde)
                          ShowHordeDownloadLink
                        if (PurchasedAlliance)
                          ShowAllianceDownloadLink
                        if (PurchasedHorde && PurchasedAlliance)
                          ShowHordeAllianceDownloadLink
                        We're looking into what can be done about this, but it is not as simple as doing what is described above. Every account on our database has receipts attached to the products. If a person buys the packaged deal, which comes with both guides, and assigns only 1 receipt, then the system works exactly as you described above. The problem is if someone buys the Alliance guide first, then a few months down the line they buy the Horde guide. This generates two receipts, one for each guide, and there would be no way to merge them without losing one of the receipts. Everything we do when managing customers accounts is reliant on the sales receipts, so people would be requiring assistance and we wouldn't be able to find their account or products in our database if there was no associated receipt attached.

Comment

Working...
                        X