OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major news regarding Cartographer (both versions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major news regarding Cartographer (both versions)

From the Cartographer page at Wowace.com:

CARTOGRAPHER HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED FOR 3.3!

There are no plans to do any major bug fixes for Cartographer (v2 or v3). If there is an update it will only be a minor fix. (It has already been this way since at least 2008.) Cartographer(v2) uses an outdated framework that will not be updated in the case of major breakages so Cartographer(v2) would require a complete rewrite. Neither of the two main developers (Ckknight and Arrowmaster) have the time nor desire to do this currently. Occasionally a new version might be released to include fixes made by other developers or new versions of embedded libraries.

This was put up some 5 hours ago. I am not sure how this will affect the guide. Cartographer is putting minor releases (r2331 is out) out, but with this it looks like the major releases (v) are out.

Users comments? John? silverhawk? Um, anyone?

Can someone put this in the Announcements?
    My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

We've known that this announcement was probably coming from the various posts over the last few days since 3.3 was pushed live. The Zygor team are working on creating a waypoint arrow of their own and if anyone has problems with Cartographer and can't get it working the current recommendation is to use TomTom.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I guess I just made it official....
      My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

Comment

Working...
      X