Leveling professions Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leveling professions Help

Hi I'm malon the slow leveler i currently got my warrior up to 73 yee me!! (though my guild still wants me always on my holy pally to raid with them)

So progression has been slow.., But i been thinking...Hey wait a second "I need to start being a Self provider"

learning this i decided on 2 things!
    1. Make 2 of my toons gatherers
    2.Figure out which toons i'm going progressive and non progressive with.

Looking at what i have i decided to make my DK a Enchanter/Miner and my druid a Herb/Skinner (easy to fly around in flight form and farm)

and my Hunter i decided to make the provider (Alch and Inscription)

I already have a mage with max tailoring and engeering so i jsut pick the two top professions according to elitest jerks or tank spot on the other classes.

Now here comes the questions?
    1.What level do i need to be to max my professions up to 450?
    2.MY Enchanting Stuck at 240 what a good way to level it up from here onwards.(Char level 72)
    3.Should i focus on this or leveling my toons first?
    4. Should i make a bank guild on one of my toons (maybe the hunter, to Store maps as well as maxing my bag sizes)

opinions?
    Sugestions?

Originally posted by malonstorm View Post
    Now here comes the questions?
    1.What level do i need to be to max my professions up to 450?
    2.MY Enchanting Stuck at 240 what a good way to level it up from here onwards.(Char level 72)
    3.Should i focus on this or leveling my toons first?
    4. Should i make a bank guild on one of my toons (maybe the hunter, to Store maps as well as maxing my bag sizes)

opinions?
    Sugestions?
    Alrighty.... good questions.
    1) you will need to be in North to finish getting your skill past 330. being under the acceptable level for that area means your gonna be a ghost a lot lol
    2) There is a leveling guide out there for enchant, someplace. Ill try to post it or link to it if its here... or perhaps Cabby/Silver can.
    3) Everything I read is about getting your toon to 80. I have even read to skip looting and just kill/quest, kill/quest. I will take that as being an importance. I just cant grind through nothing but quests all the time; need a break and do an instance or lvl my professions.
    4) I made a guild bank and it has been both a help and a pain. its nice to have all that room to store my stuff, but the mail system can be used for storage as well... and may end up being a LOT cheaper in the end. Mail an alt your stuff... it sits for 29 days..... return it..... it sits for 29 days. Thats 58 days of storage for 20 items for about 3s. I cant say I would not make a bank guild again though. How much stuff you save is the driver to that answer.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Thanks a Guild would be helpful on that any adons to consider when i'm mat farming though like skinning and Mining/Herb Especially.

Comment

The Carbonite addon has built in herb and mining node locations and can also calculate out routes with an arrow for those nodes. This of course is a complete map mod and if you're not interested in replacing your existing maps then I believe Gatherer is still alive and kicking and does pretty much the same thing.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

wow-profesions.com - great guides for levelling all professions

Comment

Carbon i found really really confusing

Comment

1. Only gathering professions have a level requirement:
              Apprentice (1), Journeyman (1), Expert (10), Artisan (25), Master (40), Grand Master (55)
              But it shouldn't be much fun to run around gathering with a low level without bugusing so you should have gathering professions on your high level chars.

It is possible to go to northrend and go to the trainer before reaching level 68. The best way is a mage portal to Dalaran but you can also take the ship / zeppelin to the Tundra or Fjord.

2. As stated by sonalita an enchanting guide can be found here:
              http://www.wow-professions.com/wowgu...ing-guide.html

3. If you level your enchanting character I recommend to keep the skill level according to the items you get as quest reward so you can disenchant them immediately and don't waste space storing them. And sometimes a small enchant on an item can make your leveling easier.

4. A guild of your own is a good idea so you can extend your space and no one messes around with your stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                4. A guild of your own is a good idea so you can extend your space and no one messes around with your stuff.
                When I made my guild, it cost me about 125g to gather the needed signatures, and about 3 hours barking in trade for bank only guild signatures.

The funny part was, I announce to everyone that responded to me that the signature was only for a bank guild.... there were still 3 that were ticked I booted them after I had my guild. LOL
                "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Current Progression (Char1)
                  Enchanting-302 (Need friends to run me through stuff to help collect arcane dust)
                  Mining-80
                  I'm actually enjoying leveling my professions. more then leveling and raiding right now it peaceful and fun and i feel like i'm doing somethign different and progressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                    1. Only gathering professions have a level requirement:
                    Apprentice (1), Journeyman (1), Expert (10), Artisan (25), Master (40), Grand Master (55)
                    But it shouldn't be much fun to run around gathering with a low level without bugusing so you should have gathering professions on your high level chars.

It is possible to go to northrend and go to the trainer before reaching level 68. The best way is a mage portal to Dalaran but you can also take the ship / zeppelin to the Tundra or Fjord.

2. As stated by sonalita an enchanting guide can be found here:
                    http://www.wow-professions.com/wowgu...ing-guide.html

3. If you level your enchanting character I recommend to keep the skill level according to the items you get as quest reward so you can disenchant them immediately and don't waste space storing them. And sometimes a small enchant on an item can make your leveling easier.

Need help leveling Enchanting on my DK. None of the guides tell you where to get the low level bracers to enchant (1-50) If none are on the AH what then? Should I be using armor vellum to make scrolls or should that be used later this sux

Comment

Originally posted by 1manarmy View Post
                      Need help leveling Enchanting on my DK. None of the guides tell you where to get the low level bracers to enchant (1-50) If none are on the AH what then? Should I be using armor vellum to make scrolls or should that be used later this sux
                      You know you can enchant the same piece over and over again. If you're just doing a powerlevel (I'll assume you are based on toon being DK) pick up a cheap set of bracers from the auction house then use those rather than your own that you may have a higher level enchant on. Save the armor vellum for enchants that you can either pass to your other toons or for something that actually sells then put into AH.

Comment

I did not know that you could re-enchant the same piece over and over. I wish I knew that earlier as I beleive I sold the piece.

Thanks for the tip

Comment

Yes, it gives an annoying pop-up asking you if you're sure you want to replace the existing enchant. If you keep re-enchanting an item for skill points it will drive you nuts. I suggest you grab the ForceEnchant addon from Curse to save your sanity.
                          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                          X