cant load the other guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant load the other guide

ok, so i've had the horde guide for awhile now, but i was looking into getting the alliance guide. So I bought that guide and (from what I can tell put the guide file in the correct place) when I click on the "addons" button on the character selection screen, all it shows is the horde guide. the picture attached to this is a screen shot to show what I'm dealing with. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.
    thank you
    Attached Files

Hello mr_sowinski,

The new guides do not display "Zygor's Guide - Horde" or "Zygor's Guide - Alliance" anymore. They are placed inside of "Zygor's Guide Viewer" now, which means you're using an outdated version of the Horde guide still.

Delete the folder that is labeled "ZygorsGuideHorde" in your AddOns folder and load World of Warcraft. Now, log in with an Alliance character to see if the guide is available, and then a Horde. Then reply here if it's working or not :-D.

Best Regards,
    Silverhawk11
    It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk11 View Post
      Hello mr_sowinski,

The new guides do not display "Zygor's Guide - Horde" or "Zygor's Guide - Alliance" anymore. They are placed inside of "Zygor's Guide Viewer" now, which means you're using an outdated version of the Horde guide still.

Delete the folder that is labeled "ZygorsGuideHorde" in your AddOns folder and load World of Warcraft. Now, log in with an Alliance character to see if the guide is available, and then a Horde. Then reply here if it's working or not :-D.

Best Regards,
      Silverhawk11
      ok, I didn't have a folder like that, but like i do i'll attach pictures to help explain what I'm saying......when I play as my horde character, the guide works fine, but when I'm using my alliance character it doesn't

(attached is a picture of my files in the addons folder and a screen shot of my gnome to show you what happens when I load it up)
      Attached Files
      Last edited by mr_sowinski; December 18, 2009, 09:21 PM. Reason: called the gnome a dwarf

Comment

better screen caps
        Attached Files

Comment

You have an outdated guide there.
          1. Go to the members area on the site
          2. Download the latest version of the guide
          3. Delete all of the Zygor and Cartographer folders from the AddOns folder
          4. Install the newly downloaded guide
          5. Run WoW

Try that out.

Comment

Originally posted by owensd View Post
            You have an outdated guide there.
            1. Go to the members area on the site
            2. Download the latest version of the guide
            3. Delete all of the Zygor and Cartographer folders from the AddOns folder
            4. Install the newly downloaded guide
            5. Run WoW

Try that out.
            so....did exactly what you said, and that did absolutely nothing and is still doing the same thing that the pictures in my previous posts show

Comment

Ok, few things to check on. First, you downloaded both of the new versions of the guide to install? If not, download both of the new v2.0.626 guides (Alliance and Horde), I normally use the manual install link as I find it easier to just drag and drop the folders from inside the zip into my AddOns directory so these steps are based on the manual install links.

1. Go into your AddOns directory and delete any folders that have Zygor in their name.
              2. Open up either of the zip files with your preferred program.
              3. Drag the ZygorGuidesViewer and ZygorGuidesAdvisor folders from the zip file into your AddOns directory. If you're prompted to over-write an existing file it means you didn't do step #1.
              4. Open the other zip file with your preferred program.
              5. Find the .lua file (either ZygorGuidesAlliance.lua or ZygorGuidesHorde.lua) in the zip file located inside the ZygorGuidesViewer/Guides folder.
              6. Drag the .lua file into your AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Guides directory.

This should now have both guides installed for you. Be sure to also have either an updated Cartographer or updated TomTom addon for waypoint arrow use and make sure you check the "Load out of date Addons" box in the Addons listing in game.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Yeah... something is not making sense.

Can you go to your 'World of Warcraft' folder, then into the 'Interface\Addons\ZygorGuidesViewer'.

There you'll see ZygorGuidesViewer.toc file. Open that file with Notepad and post the contents here if you're still having troubles.

Comment

I believe he just moved the old v1.0 horde file into the new v2.0 folder and that won't work.

Comment

It looks to me that he is using Windows Vista and that WoW is inside "Program Files" directory. In Vista the game should not be installed in Program Files folder becuase of UAC and user rights. Even if it looks like the new guide is installed when going to the Wow/Interface/Addons folder, it may be that the old guide is still installed on his user's version of Program Files (In C:\Users\<user>\AppData...).

If you move the entire World of Warcraft folder from C:\Program Files to another place like C:\Users\Public\Games and also change the shortcut on the desktop to point to the new folder, then you should be able to start Wow and the correct guide.

Another way to fix it may be to right click on your World of Warcraft shortcut on the desktop and select Run as Administrator. But I am not sure if it works.

Comment

ok so ive done everything you all have said...still does the exact same thing.

here's the contents of the file that i believe caddy told me to post

## Interface: 30200
                      ## Notes: Free multi-purpose leveling guide viewer.|n|nDesigned for use with Zygor Guides, but supporting user-supplied guides as well.
                      ## Note-frFR:
                      ## Notes-esES:
                      ## Title: |cffffff88Z|cffffee66y|cffffdd44g|cffffcc22o|cffff bb00r|r Guides Viewer
                      ## qqqTitle: |cffffff88Z|cffffee66y|cffffdd44g|cffffcc22o|cffff bb00r|r Guides Viewer |TInterface\AddOns\ZygorGuidesViewer\Skin\gnome:48 :48:0:0|t
                      ## Author: Sinus Pi
                      ## DefaultState: enabled
                      ## LoadOnDemand: 0
                      ## SavedVariables: ZygorGuidesViewerSettings
                      ## - SavedVariablesPerCharacter: ZygorGuidesViewerSettingsChar
                      ## OptionalDeps: Cartographer, Cartographer3, TomTom
                      ## X-Category:
                      ## X-Credits:
                      ## X-eMail: zygor@zygorguides.com
                      ## X-Website: http://zygorguides.com/
                      ## X-License: GPL
                      ## Version: 2.0

embeds.xml

Localization\load.xml
                      Localization\names.xml

files.xml

Guides\Autoload.xml

is there a way to generate a bug report so that someone could look at it and tell me what's going on, otherwise im about to the point where I'm going to uninstall WoW all together then start over from scratch....FYI i use Windows 7

Comment

Ok, since you're using Windows 7 it won't be using the guide viewer stuff at the location you have it. Best bet would be as suggested before, move your entire WoW folder out of the Program Files folder. Put it someplace like C:\World of Warcraft. With having the game in the Program Files folder it's actually looking at C:\User\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns (or something like that) to find your addons. Once you move it out of the Program Files folder it should start working. Your other option would be to find that directory and move all your addons into the default directory the game is looking at.

Also, to generate a bug report in game go to the Zygor options (Interface > Addons tab) and there should be a button that says "Generate Bug Report".

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                          ok, since you're using windows 7 it won't be using the guide viewer stuff at the location you have it. Best bet would be as suggested before, move your entire wow folder out of the program files folder. Put it someplace like c:\world of warcraft. With having the game in the program files folder it's actually looking at c:\user\public\games\world of warcraft\interface\addons (or something like that) to find your addons. Once you move it out of the program files folder it should start working. Your other option would be to find that directory and move all your addons into the default directory the game is looking at.

Also, to generate a bug report in game go to the zygor options (interface > addons tab) and there should be a button that says "generate bug report".

finally!! Yes!!! Thank you!!!Zygor is the best!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sowinski View Post
                            finally!! Yes!!! Thank you!!!Zygor is the best!!!
                            I think he's happy... whatchu think? LOL
                            "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
                              I think he's happy... whatchu think? LOL
                              well hold on....everything works now, except the guide started from the beginning of the DK section and i was a 64 on the old one.....am i screwed?

Comment

Working...
                              X