I'll admit..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll admit..

I was looking at the Zygor guide for a while, never really did the whole guide thing and after leveling a warlock to 80 I got sick of grinding another character to 80. I signed up for the level 1-20 demo guide but ended up torrenting the guide because really any amount for a guide is a bit much. I must say I actually enjoyed the guide, it made leveling fun now, go here.. do this.. hearth here.. fly to this place felt like you were getting things done. Now here I am 12 characters later leveled em to 30-45 so far and I'm enjoying leveling every one. Heck I've even grouped with my younger brother on his realm and we're both following the guide (leveling a pally and a priest). I actually enjoyed it so much that I ended up buying the Alliance and Horde guides and I don't regret spending the money on the quality, if nothing else for leveling any faster then I'd pay to make leveling fun.

I've tried other guides (Dugi's) 1-40 demo and I must say I really like Zygor's and the fact that you now have the quest complete functionality makes the guide THAT much sweeter.

Awesome, I'm glad you turned away from the dark side... :-P Thanks for your testimonial!
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I guess I just wanted to show people that may end up following the dark side that there is a definite value in your guides. If nothing else for leveling up quickly it makes leveling fun again. I've definitely seen that as worth paying for especially now that you have the SIS system in it and people can have a level 30-40 and still use it.

When Cataclysm comes out I'll definitely be buying any updates to the guide as you make leveling fun again!

Comment

I've tried Joanna's Guide and Brian Kopp. Believe me, I'll never go back. Zygor is so superior I can't say enough good about it. It has made playing so much fun that I've set aside my Horde toons until I buy the Horde guide. Even thinking about playing without Zygor in my corner makes me shudder.

Zygor guide? Love it, love it, love it. Need I say more?

Comment

Like I said I've tried dugi's and while I like the idea of having a guide for daily's and the holidays I've never been a fan of travel guide. I did manage to try out dugi's 1-40 demo and the arrows got messed up (probably my fault for having cartographer and tomtom on here) but I really had to have it stay open to see the next 5 steps.

Guide wise they're virtually identical but really both are like coke and pepsi, some prefer one over the other. The thing I did notice between the two is that Zygor's seems more like a fast track to 80, taking you all over wow to every place and not having you quest in one zone too long. Dugi's seems to have you quest around lets say the belf starting area and the zone south of that but skip over the "crap" quests.

So really overall I like Zygors and I have so much fun leveling now its ridicules.

Comment

This thread is funny. All that has been said, I can say as well. *laugh*

Downloaded a torrent of the guide. (Why have a 1-20 level demo, when my DK is level 68.) I want to see what the rest of the guide is like.

Liked it enough to dish out the $90 price tag, and have NO regrets.

I too, am an ex-Joana guide user. This guide is automated, updated, and takes into account exp bonuses, or if you happen to be a certain number of levels ahead the guide. (Blasted rested xp, you're both a blessing and a curse.)

At first I didn't like Zygor's level path here and there. So I went back to Joana's website to download my guide again, and it's scary. It didn't look like it had been updated since August (I went back in December), and there were directions on how his waypoint stuff didn't work, so download this waypoint program, but then turn this part off, or you download this, but it will conflict with this, so do this...I didn't even want to try to get all that stuff going. Especially for a guide that (like I said) didn't look to have been updated since long before a major patch.

Anways, thought it was funny that I was an ex-joana guide user, using the dark side, but had seen the light and am now a completely legit zygor user for life.

Comment

Well, since we're all coming clean.. (lol). My story is kind of similar though I, honestly, was quite ignorant in it. Money has been tight and I didn't think I could afford it and I wanted it so bad so I ended up looking on a site that I will leave unnamed. I found 1 and I seriously thought that maybe they just didn't play WoW anymore and wasn't using it. So I was thrilled. I got it for $10. I thought it was much like selling something you no longer use any more at a yard sale or even a thrift store. They sell software in both cases! I was so excited about getting it that I didn't even notice they listed it as having 8 or 9 to sell. :S I noticed that after I bought it and at that point I realized that this was no innocent thing. They had copied the files and were selling it illegally for profit. So then I felt bad because I'm not into stealing -at all-. Long story short, in the end, I ended up buying BOTH guides, which I never thought I would do and I, too, have not regretted it yet and I know I never will. I also feel much better guilt-wise. lol I'm actually really glad the original poster posted this because even though I made it right, I was still feeling bad.

It was funny, too, after buying the guides, I read the rules on here where it mentioned something about it being sold on sites like I found it on. I was all :O! That just double confirmed the fact of how wrong it was/is. >.>
              80 Tauren Hunter - 75 Blood Elf Paladin - 54 Tauren Druid - 47 Undead Mage - 25 Dwarf Paladin - 26 Human Mage

Comment

i tried...joanas, iDemise, and zygors. ZYGORS FTW!!!!!

Comment

This is actually the first guide I've ever tried. What I liked about it was that it was in-game and the other features that come along with that like the waypoint arrow. I sure don't want to be switching back and forth and having to read something. >.> Maybe I'm lazy but that just sounds like more work that what it's worth to me. (That's why I was really happy when I saw silverhawk was making the Netherdrake guide in-game. lol)
                  80 Tauren Hunter - 75 Blood Elf Paladin - 54 Tauren Druid - 47 Undead Mage - 25 Dwarf Paladin - 26 Human Mage

Comment

I had always wondered what an addon was and asked a friend in-game; he told me to google some and Zygor was the first search result. I watched the testimonial video after clicking the link and decided to download the guide. I can't even imagine going back to thottbot to find how to solve a quest, Zygor has it all. My brothers were amazed that I leveled my below characters as fast as I did. Their toons are only around lvl 40. Zygor has taken the stress out of questing and has made maximizing XP flawless.
                    85s
                    Skippyninja
                    Oomatherman
                    Judedaniels
                    MissRuPaul
                    Sumekomovani
                    Pattymelt
                    Shamwiches
                    Twonewon
                    Takakoinaba
                    Cursesmcgee

Comment

Glad to see more users are actually coming out and saying hey I might of torrented the guide but I'm here I paid the $50-90 for it and I'm extremely happy.

BTW thanks to the guide I'm leveling 2 DK's and about 18 other toons (no joke)
                      My bro and I have a 50 pally and 50 priest, the rest of my toons are 67 DK 55 DK and a mixture of 10's and 17's of all classes warrior to warlock.

Comment

I bought and paid for my Horde guide....

...and It's been worth every nickle....WoW is fun again...thx

Comment

Working...
                        X