Problem with quests and new update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with quests and new update

So i've been playing a night elf druid currently level 42, i abandon all my quest and went back to 1-13 so it would skip to where i need to be, and it keeps lading on quest 68 level 42... I think i have to forcely do a quest before getting this one, this is for alliance, quest is called tabetha's assitance. Is there anything i can do to keep leveling or do i have to go back and try and complete all the previous steps?

I believe that quest chain starts with "They Call Him Smiling Jim", which is given by Guard Byron outside the Theramore Inn. If you'd rather skip the whole chain, you can right-click the objective to mark it as done. You might end up falling behind the guide slightly, having to grind a bit at the end of the level. Or maybe it'll even out over time

Comment

weird prob with guide

well, after this latest update to the guide, it now does something strange ...I'll have the guide window open, following the steps (34 mage) and I'll sit there and finish a quest and watch the guide update itself...it'll check off the quest on completion, but then all of a sudden start jumping quests...it'll scroll past sometimes up to a dozen, then stop. so I'll start running backwards thru the quests from where it stopped....and the quests have NOT been done yet! the guide just decided to start skipping quests....I checked and rechecked and can find no reason why it would skip all these quests...I have manually went back and forced it to go to the next quest and completed it fine from there.....then maybe 4 or 5 steps later, it'll do the same thing again. the amount of steps it'll skip is always different. sometimes just a few , sometimes a bunch....could this be from intereference with the blizz quest tracker maybe? NOTE: (this problem fixed...see two messages below this one)
      Last edited by brampson; December 24, 2009, 02:44 AM. Reason: fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Asgari View Post
        I believe that quest chain starts with "They Call Him Smiling Jim", which is given by Guard Byron outside the Theramore Inn. If you'd rather skip the whole chain, you can right-click the objective to mark it as done. You might end up falling behind the guide slightly, having to grind a bit at the end of the level. Or maybe it'll even out over time
        Actually the chain quest starts with "Grim Connection" Given by Captain Garran Vimes Which the guide just skips. I'm using the newest Zygors update, And i've done what i've seen in other posts which i already said, Abandon quests, start from 1-13 Night Elf, then Just auto-Skip, and it always ends up in "Tabetha's Assistance" given by Captain Darill. This is very annoying, I ended up just going back and doing Grim connections and follow ups was the only way, because the guide wouldn't want to keep skipping after "Tabetha's Assisantace" Which in zygors is 68 - lvl 41. I'm just putting this out in the table so maybe it can be fixed, or if someone else ends up stuck like i was.

FYI i did want to skip "Tabetha's Assistance" But it wouldn't auto-skip to next available quest that is not a chain or is a start of a new chain quest... It would only go to the next step (69 - lvl 41) Which is impossible to turn in since its to turn in "Tabetha's Assitance"

Comment

ok....fixed the prob with the quest skipping....I deleted all the folders in addons that had cartographer and zygor in their names, then reinstalled....works great now! =)

Comment

We are currently working to make sure all quests are properly chained, even if they are in "hidden chains". Thank you for your patience in the meantine, we hope to have this completed very soon.
            Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
            http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
            http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Mine will do the auto quest skip as well. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version from today. I turn in a quest and it will jump ahead so many steps and I'll miss the ones that I'm supposed to accept...anyone figure this one out yet?

Comment

It may simply be skipping obsolete steps you don't really need to do. The other scenario is it is skipping "hidden" chain quests. If that is the case, we are currently working to fix that. You can turn off the Smart Injection System by unchecking all of the options in the Dynamic Progress options menu.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
                  It may simply be skipping obsolete steps you don't really need to do. The other scenario is it is skipping "hidden" chain quests. If that is the case, we are currently working to fix that. You can turn off the Smart Injection System by unchecking all of the options in the Dynamic Progress options menu.
                  Thanks for the response, I do have to say the auto-skipping is a nice featured so that we can level faster, instead of being level 60 and having to do level 45 quests, wanting to skip and not sure where to skip to. I do hope this issue gets resolved quickly, looking forward to skipping with my paladin which is currently level 56 doing level 43 quests, Wouldn't want to abandon all my quest and end up in the same problem as my druid, it would be really disappointing since Zygors Guide is a really good level helper

Comment

Not obsolete by any means, it will skip steps and jump ahead 4 steps or more. I try to follow but it stops at a step that has a prereq and I can't get it. I'll try the options thing and see how it goes. thx

Edit: I read the settings on the Dynamic and I see how this works a bit more, gonna play with it and see if the prereq quests are really working or if I'm retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by dustjms View Post
                      Not obsolete by any means, it will skip steps and jump ahead 4 steps or more. I try to follow but it stops at a step that has a prereq and I can't get it. I'll try the options thing and see how it goes. thx

Edit: I read the settings on the Dynamic and I see how this works a bit more, gonna play with it and see if the prereq quests are really working or if I'm retarded.
                      Yes, this is very frustrating. Turning off the Dynamic Progress helps. But still annoyed by jumping to the next step BEFORE I accept the quest. Constantly having to back step to see if I did the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by glognar View Post
                        Yes, this is very frustrating. Turning off the Dynamic Progress helps. But still annoyed by jumping to the next step BEFORE I accept the quest. Constantly having to back step to see if I did the right thing.
                        Are you in a starter 1-6 zone on a new character? If so, that's a new "feature" Blizzard added in patch 3.3. In the very first starter zones, level 1-6, the game auto-accepts the next quest when you turn in a quest.

I'm guessing that's what's going on for you.

And yes, very annoying.

Comment

Are you in a starter 1-6 zone on a new character? If so, that's a new "feature" Blizzard added in patch 3.3. In the very first starter zones, level 1-6, the game auto-accepts the next quest when you turn in a quest.

I'm guessing that's what's going on for you.

And yes, very annoying.
                          I started a new gnome mage on the 3.3 patch, and did receive the quests before I chose 'accept' in the quest giver from the PVE. Annoying, yes! Just make sure you read the viewer guide quest name to make sure you need that newly accepted-for-you-thanks-to-blizzard quest. As an alliance toon, I had no issue with a quest the guide did not direct me to accept anyway. Dont have the horde guide to do same and report.
                          Thank gawd its only the first 6 lvls.
                          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by glognar View Post
                            It's doing this to me at level 78. I turned off all the dynamic progress features when I found that it was skipping quest that I needed for chains and it worked fine for a while. This afternoon it started skipping ahead after I turned in a quest before I accepted the follow up.

I was doing the same thing....I'd scroll back thinking I wasn't supposed to accept the follow up but it turned out I was. So in my case it's not an issue with the low level auto accept quest feature.

Comment

I think the auto skip "feature" is in some of the high level areas too. Maybe that was the cause of the skipping?
                              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Comment

Working...
                              X