Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor and Carbonite

Hi.

I really love your guide and the new improvements look very promising for my already leveled characters. Might even buy the horde guide too now.

My question is: Will you be looking into making the guide fully integrated with Carbonite? www.carboniteaddon.com
    This addon is an amazing quest, map and a lot of other stuff addon, but I find I can't use Zygor and CArbonite to its full potential. They work fine together, but I'd like maybee an arrow for my next quest to appear automatically.
    Not really a problem, the quest can be selected manually, but I'm a bit lazy?

Anyways, keep up the exelent work, Zygor is easily the best guide out there.

There have been many requests about Carbonite integration into the Zygor guides. This is something that the team is considering.

If you don't get a waypoint arrow to show you where to go with the guides try uninstalling/deleting all of the Cartographer stuff and installing TomTom. TomTom works well with Carbonite and Zygor and doesn't use as many resources as Cartographer.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanx a lot for your advice. Tomtom did not interfere with carbonite, and i got the helpful arrow back

Comment

I would actually love if carbonite was intergrated since they have a really good map and i like the way the hud arrow is
        80 Dwarf Hunter -80* Dranei Paladin - 50 Gnome Mage - 21* Gnome Warlock - 40* Night Elf Druid

* = Leveled with zygor
        Server : Executes EU

Comment

I have a question. I installed Carbonite because of the rave on here about it but... honestly... I don't even know what it did. I don't see anything different. I don't see...anything that I would connect to another addon besides what I already had. Is there suppose to be a minimap icon or anything? Is it suppose to show up in the interface/addons menu? I don't see anything.
          80 Tauren Hunter - 75 Blood Elf Paladin - 54 Tauren Druid - 47 Undead Mage - 25 Dwarf Paladin - 26 Human Mage

Comment

There should be a new minimap icon. Carbonite is a complete map replacement system that also tracks quests (similar to the new Blizzard feature), keep track of all characters inventory, can create routing for finding minerals/herbs/unexplored areas, etc. If you're not seeing any changes, especially to the map, then you've got it either installed wrong or not enabled.

Comment

It didn't get installed correctly (or something) the first time. I reinstalled it and got it working. Boy... seems like a lot to it. I'm trying to go through all the options now. Well, I've actually lost the options menu. lol Going on their site to try to figure this out. But it looks like it can replace my altoholic, gathermate, peace in-game, handy notes, and maybe quest helper. Is this true? That was the reason for my trying it in the first place. If I can replace all those (and maybe more) with a single addon, I'd be happy with that. Right now, though, I don't like what it did to my screen - particularly my minimap/minimap icons. :P
              80 Tauren Hunter - 75 Blood Elf Paladin - 54 Tauren Druid - 47 Undead Mage - 25 Dwarf Paladin - 26 Human Mage

Comment

It doesn't exactly replace questhelper. It won't try to automatically create routes for you like questhelper does.

As for the minimap thing, give it a couple days and you'll start to really enjoy the way Carbonite does it.

Comment

I had already disabled it by the time I read your post cabby. lol I just got the nerve to try it again, though, since you said that. I'll give it a couple days. I hope I do end up liking it. The thing that I like with Quest Helper, though, is how if I hover over a mob that I need for a quest, it'll show me that I need it and what quest I need it for. I also like having the QH arrow for things like class quests that Zygor Guides don't cover or just to have a second option of where to find certain mobs, etc. But mostly I like it for the hovering-over-the-mob info.

Also, what are "Punks"?

Comment

Punks are characters of the opposite faction that you yourself or someone else with carbonite have seen lately. It'll just mark the position of the person seeing that "enemy" or punk. It's mostly useful for pvp servers I suppose.

Comment

Oh. :/ Well that's not useful for me. Um, I do like it better not merging the minimaps together but I don't seem to be using it for anything. What are some neat things it can do that makes it useful to have or that sets it apart from other similar addons? Having 2 minimaps or waypoint arrows doesn't really seem worth it.

Comment

I've only used it for a short period. It had too many bells and whistles for me. Seemed too heavy and desperate to be fancy, sacrificing ease of use.

Comment

The thing that I like with Quest Helper, though, is how if I hover over a mob that I need for a quest, it'll show me that I need it and what quest I need it for. I also like having the QH arrow for things like class quests that Zygor Guides don't cover or just to have a second option of where to find certain mobs, etc. But mostly I like it for the hovering-over-the-mob info.
                          Actually if im not mistaken it does this, at least mine does :P, and not only do i see that I need the mob for said quest, it gives me a little more detail on what it drops for the quest. And it does give you the arrow, just doesnt create "routes" as cabby said. If you set it to auto-track, it will simply point you at whatever the closest objective to your current location is. If you click the little circle beside a specific objective in your quest log it gives you an arrow to THAT objective.

Comment

Oh and I forgot to add this little fact. The arrow is its own, so it doesnt hijack cart or tomtom arrows from zygors :P. you can actually have both on the screen at once :P

Comment

Zygors waypoints system that's coming out will eliminate the want and need for carbonite from what I hear =]

Comment

Working...
                              X