Skipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skipping

I did a few instances for some gear and my guide now skips ahead, should I just start doing the quests it skips to or go back and do the others? It tells me to turn in quests I don't have.

Personal preference really. Some people prefer to get ahead of the guide.

This means you'll get to 80 with more high level quests to spare. When doing quests at max level you get more money instead of experience. Also, doing quests slightly below your level means easier kills, and less downtime.

On the other hand, some people might like the challenge of tougher fights. Or due to 'twinking', class or talent spec they have more power/less downtime. You will also get more xp per quest, and more xp per kill. Your equipment will also get updated to better stuff earlier, because you're doing quests of your own level.

Another arguement is that the guide doesn't care that much about the quest level. You'll be doing quests more based on location of the objective and the optimal travel path. So even if you're f.ex. level 36, you'll sometimes find yourself doing a lower level quest, just because it's the best time to do it

Bottom line is, I have yet to see anyone provide scientific evidence for what's best, doing quests your own level, or doing quests slightly below your level. There's too many variables

As for the quests you don't have, if they're marked with blue they're considered quests you don't need to do because of you being ahead of the guide.

Comment

Originally posted by thisizken View Post
      I did a few instances for some gear and my guide now skips ahead, should I just start doing the quests it skips to or go back and do the others? It tells me to turn in quests I don't have.
      The guide should never tell you to turn in quests you don't have - if the "turn in" line is grayed or blued out, it means you can't or don't have to do it, it's just displayed there for completeness' sake. And the skipping is just SIS' way of saying "you've gotten ahead of the guide, so you don't need those old quests anymore, go on".

Comment

Working...
      X