LUA Errors in Interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LUA Errors in Interface

My arrow pointer is gone and I keep getting LUA interface problems. Anyone have any suggestions?

Running Windows 7.

Here is the specific error I get - seems to be with Cartographer

Message: ...e\AddOns\Blizzard_DebugTools\Blizzard_DebugTool s.lua:432: bad argument #6 to 'format' (string expected, got nil)
    Time: 12/26/09 15:07:48
    Count: 1
    Stack: [C]: in function `format'
    ...e\AddOns\Blizzard_DebugTools\Blizzard_DebugTool s.lua:432: in function `ScriptErrorsFrame_Update'
    ...e\AddOns\Blizzard_DebugTools\Blizzard_DebugTool s.lua:384: in function <...e\AddOns\Blizzard_DebugTools\Blizzard_DebugToo ls.lua:383>
    [C]: in function `Show'
    ...e\AddOns\Blizzard_DebugTools\Blizzard_DebugTool s.lua:411: in function `ScriptErrorsFrame_OnError'
    [string "Interface\FrameXML\BasicControls.xml:<Scrip.. ."]:18: in function <[string "Interface\FrameXML\BasicControls.xml:<Scrip.. ."]:4>
    ...AddOns\Cartographer\libs\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2463: in function <...AddOns\Cartographer\libs\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2436>
    ...AddOns\Cartographer\libs\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2510: in function <...AddOns\Cartographer\libs\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2503>
    ...AddOns\Cartographer\libs\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2583: in function <...AddOns\Cartographer\libs\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2546>
    ...AddOns\Cartographer\libs\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2694: in function <...AddOns\Cartographer\libs\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2689>
    [C]: in function `LoadAddOn'
    [string "Interface\FrameXML\BasicControls.xml:<Scrip.. ."]:7: in function <[string "Interface\FrameXML\BasicControls.xml:<Scrip.. ."]:4>
    ...AddOns\Cartographer\libs\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2426: in function <...AddOns\Cartographer\libs\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2342>
    ...AddOns\Cartographer\libs\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2558: in function <...AddOns\Cartographer\libs\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2546>
    ...AddOns\Cartographer\libs\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2686: in function <...AddOns\Cartographer\libs\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2684>

Locals: (*temporary) = "Message: %s
    Time: %s
    Count: %s
    Stack: %s
    Locals: %s"
    (*temporary) = "Interface\AddOns\Cartographer_POI\POI.lua:114 : attempt to index field 'db' (a nil value)"
    (*temporary) = "12/26/09 15:07:48"
    (*temporary) = "1"
    (*temporary) = "...AddOns\Cartographer\libs\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2510: in function <...AddOns\Cartographer\libs\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2503>
    ...AddOns\Cartographer\libs\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2583: in function <...AddOns\Cartographer\libs\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2546>
    ...AddOns\Cartographer\libs\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2694: in function <...AddOns\Cartographer\libs\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2689>
    [string "Interface\FrameXML\BasicControls.xml:<Scrip.. ."]:7: in function <[string "Interface\FrameXML\BasicControls.xml:<Scrip.. ."]:4>
    ...AddOns\Cartographer\libs\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2426: in function <...AddOns\Cartographer\libs\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2342>
    ...AddOns\Cartographer\libs\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2558: in function <...AddOns\Cartographer\libs\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2546>
    ...AddOns\Cartographer\libs\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2686: in function <...AddOns\Cartographer\libs\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2684>
    "
    (*temporary) = nil
    (*temporary) = "Message: Interface\AddOns\Cartographer_POI\POI.lua:114: attempt to index field 'db' (a nil value)
    Time: 12/26/09 15:07:48
    Count: 1
    Stack: ...AddOns\Cartographer\libs\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2510: in function <...AddOns\Cartographer\libs\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2503>
    ...AddOns\Cartographer\libs\LibRock-1.0\LibRock-1.0.lua:2558: i

Comment

Have you tried deleteing anything with cartographer in it and also re installing zygors? If that does not work then try using TomToms waypoint arrow.

Comment

Also, if you got Cartographer from another site, you loaded version 3, and not version 2.
        The only Cartographer addons you need are Cartographer, Waypoint, and notes. The rest are not required for the guide.
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Thanks

Thanks guys for those pointers.

I removed all of my Cartograhper and Zygor Guides and did a fresh reinstall of Zygor's Guides. Everything works smoothly now.

Much appreciated :-)

Comment

i have tried all the above, except the tomtom bit, but the Lua error is still there. Any advice?

Comment

Best advice is to get rid of all the Cartographer stuff and just use TomTom.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Update

I upgraded to Cartographer 3.0 and it went away.

1) Removed all add-ons
                2) Installed Zygor Guide
                3) Removed all add-ons with Cartographer in it.
                4) Downloaded and installed Cartographer 3.0

Seems to be working. Might have something to do with Windows 7

Just FYI.

Comment

Will all the errors be fixed in the next update for zygor?

Comment

Many of the errors are due to Cartographer, unfortunately. Have you still not tried installing TomTom?
                    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

So the errors will never be fixed

I have fixed the arrow problem now

Comment

What am I paying for?

What's this all about? Cartographer 2 vs Cartographer 3, Remove Cartographer load TomTom. I thought I had supposedly paid for a full and complete leveling guide?

I downloaded what was available on the Members Area Download Site. Up until recently everything was working just fine. Now all of a sudden that is no longer true. Three of my charactors everything works fine (all three of these are charactors that were created AFTER I downloaded Zygor:rolleyes.

But the one charactor I had BEFORE I downloaded - beginning today I get so many lua errors the lua error box won't close. One of the counters keeps running untill I get a warning box from WoW to disable my addon or the game will slow down. If I refuse to disable the lua error window won't close and if I do then I don't have the guide.

I like this charactor. He was my first charactor. He's a level 56 Hunter. He has 4 pets including Ghost Saber that took me 3 days to find the figurine that spawned him. He has 9 companion pets including a Crimson Whelpling that took me a week of farming to get. I have spent a lot of time with this charactor and I don't want to lose him. But I also want to take advantage of the benefits offered ZG to level him to 80. What do I need to do?

Don't tell me to delete all Zygor & cartographer files & reinstall - I have done this 3 times today!

Comment

Please copy and paste or type here exactly what the error message says, otherwise we cannot troubleshoot it. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by ell_09 View Post
                            So the errors will never be fixed

I have fixed the arrow problem now
                            Yes, they will be fixed. We are developing our own waypoint system, so we won't need Cartographer or TomTom anymore. That's coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by greybeard06 View Post
                              Don't tell me to delete all Zygor & cartographer files & reinstall - I have done this 3 times today!
                              On that specific realm, at the character selection screen, click addons, and disable all of the Cartographer addons EXCEPT Cartographer, Cartographer Waypoint, and Cartographer Notes. Make sure the "Load Out of Date AddOns" box is checked at the top of your addon list and enter the game with one of your characters. See if that fixes the problem.
                              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Comment

Working...
                              X