Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow steel series game mouse

Hey all,
    I recently saw the new steel series mouse online and it looked SWEeT! I was just wondering if anyone has one or has used one and what kinda feedback u could give? Thanks!

Havent used one but every review I've seen said its basically a hunk of plastic, the buttons either squeak after a while, they pop off or something just quits working. I actually had a guildy that was giving one away a while ago on our forums for free and he admitted that "it was a piece of crap basically". If you're looking for an awesome wow mouse pick up one of the Razer ones like the Naga (though it has more buttons then I know what to do with).

Comment

A real life friend got the steel mice thinking it was going to be awesome. In the end he did not like the feel of it and does not use it. Feel is a personal pref so take that for what it is worth.
      Cairne Realm
      Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
      Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
      Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys. It looked a little to awesome to be true lol.

Comment

yeah its been out almost a year now and the bad reviews just keep pouring in about it. Razer came out with one that i'm really liking a lot. I dont use the addon that comes with it but I do use all 12 keys on the side. I basically mapped 1 of my bars to my number pad on they keyboard, which is what the buttons on the mouse map to. Another thing i love is its design. I can press all 12 of the buttons on the side without hitting another button on the other side from countering the force.

Here is a link to it... i'm really liking it a lot.

Razer Naga

On a downside, you can't map macros or scripts to the buttons. Yeah you can do a macro that presses a few buttons, but not one that will /cast something.
          I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

Ohhh, glad to hear you like the Naga. I have been pondering over getting that one to go along with my G13/G15 combo but have not yet since I have not figured out the G13 Can you have profiles on the naga like on the Logitech stuff?

Good to hear it is working for ya.

EDIT: figured out my issue with the G13... USB port was providing enough power to turn it on and give the normal Windows USB up sound but not enough to actually work. Tried a different USB port and it works now. I also see that the key bindings are a little bit different then the G15 keyboard. I have been playing with the G13 for a couple days and am torn on if I really like it or not. My (original 18 key not the newer lesser G keys) G15 keyboard seems a bit easier to use. *shrug* time will tell.
            Cairne Realm
            Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
            Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
            Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

The mouse itself doesn't store profiles, however i do believe the addon does, but i'm not positive on that as I dont use it.
              I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

Working...
              X