Best Addons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Addons

Hey guys, I'm new here first off and am loving the guide! I also have a question... Other than Zygors Guide (: What is the best Addons to use when working to get level 80?

Thanks!

That really depends on what you'd like and what class you're playing. If you look at just for getting to 80 the only thing you really need is Zygor's. Now if you play a hunter then you might want something like cAspectOfTheViper and Creature Comforts. For a warlock a good one is Necrosis LdC. For a DK you might want something like Face Smasher. A handy one to have for any class that has a buff spell of any kind (including those classes with self only buffs) is SmartBuff.

Let us know what class/classes you're thinking of leveling and it will help us to give you better advice.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Sorry forgot to add that.. I am a Dwarf/Warrior. Currently level 18.

Comment

My warrior levels strictly via the LFG tool, so might not be entirely viable. Got too many addons, but only a couple of "warrior spesific" ones.

Optitaunt - Gives text and audio feedback when my agro managing tools miss, are blocked or parried. Also has the option of sending this info to raid or partychat, though I find this to be a bit spammy.

Raidmobmarker - Makes a bar for marking mobs in dungeons and a couple of other things. Lets you assign a spesific icon to a spesific group member, and list this in partychat, if you want.

Other addons I use are:

Altoholic - Lets you access info about any character from any other character. Bank, equipment, talents, skills, glyphs, quests, everything Also notifies you when mail is about to expire, which is handy if you send a lot of stuff to alts.

Auctioneer - For knowing market value of loot, and for finding cheap stuff on the auction house.

Bejeweled - Because I get bored while on flightpaths

Combuctor - Makes categories in your bags. Equipment, tradeskill, etc

CT_Mailmod - Helps with mailing. Lets you f.ex. open all AH mail in two clicks.

Deadly Boss Mods - Info about boss fights. Focused on level 80 dungeons it seems, I'm in the market for one for BC and pre-BC.

ForteXorcist - Mainly Warlock addon. Hels with soulstones, summoning, cooldown and lots of other things. Also supports lots of other classes.

MoveAnything - Lets you move all frames/windows around the screen. Good for organising things just the way you want.

Necrosis - Another Warlock addon. Makes a "wheel" on your screen with important info and spells.

Omen - Agrometer. I like having a graphical view of who's got agro, especially when healing/tanking

Prat - Chat addon. Customizing the chat window with colored names for classes, level in front of names, timestamps and lots of other things.

Spamsentry - Blocks goldseller spam. Not as important anymore, anymore, but still viable.

XBar - Separate bar that can be minimized for buffs, conjuring food/water, portals. Mostly use for my mage, but has support for a lot of classes.

Comment

Originally posted by crazy_ed14 View Post
          Hey I pretty much just started experimenting with add-ons when I got this guide a couple weeks ago, and am OVERWHELMED with the options out there. Could I get a few suggestions of your favorites?
          Hi, as I want that answer myself and want this thread to grow I will answer what I think in the matter!

An absolut must (to help You earn money and quick learn whats junk) is auctinator. Don't let the miles of text written about this addon scare You because it will help You in every aspect in the game!

Atlas a cartografer.

Carbonite A magnificent add-on but it's future is somewhat uncertain -One of the best add-on. Together with Zygor it's Pair in Power!

Some more You should look at is EsayMail - Lag-Bar - Pawn (great achiever add-on

And then there are the specific addons for hunters etc.
          Last edited by 4023f942; January 5, 2010, 11:01 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I try to limit my installed addons so don't have a ton of them. Some good ones already listed getting a 2nd ...

Omen - a must. As a cloth DPS I watch Omen every fight to make sure I am going to survive it

Auctioneer - not sure how I ever sold / bought anything in the AH without it

Altoholic - I personally love how it warns of expiring mail and when you hover over a recipe it lists who knows it, who can learn it, very cool if you play more then one toon.

Ones I use not mentioned yet ...

Recount - a nice one for watching your, and the whole groups, stats for just about everything

Gatherer - great for tracking where herbs and mine nodes are. You can enable/disable if you get info from group and guild members who also use it.

nUI+ - the moveeverything listed above sounds pretty cool but not tried it. I am really liking nUI+ as my display. There are plugs for adding various other addons into the bottom right window which you can click a button to cycle through. And yes, there is a plug for Zygor's guide
            Cairne Realm
            Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
            Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
            Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Just remember, that plugin for Zygor guides in the nUI+ only allows the guides to recognize you having done a step if you can see the guide down in the infopanel.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

EventAlert2 is a nice proc tracking addon. Works with multiple classes.

Originally posted by Asgari View Post

Deadly Boss Mods - Info about boss fights. Focused on level 80 dungeons it seems, I'm in the market for one for BC and pre-BC.
                I'm not sure if it supports bc heroics but DBM has a mod for BC raids.

Comment

Working...
                X