Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paladin buff manager

Hey guys,

Just wanted to check and see what is a good Paladin buff manager, if y'all have any input let me know.

I saw a similar thread, but didn't think this fit the bill of that topic

I have tried ZOMG buffs, and it looked to work, but i couldn't figure it out, and ended up casting hand of freedom on me when ever I zoomed out.

Thx,

-Wachu

Try SmartBuff, it's very useful for all classes and you can set it up to only cast on certain classes or only on you, etc. Very handy when some classes should get wisdom and others should get might.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

For pally buffs I swear by Pally Power. Set it up when you start to play or start an instance to buff by class. Then it displays when someone within a class needs a buff (because they died), a timer on your buff so you can refresh it, and range indicators so you don't waste the reagents. It can also display Righteous Fury and your Aura if you desire.

If multiple people in your group have Pally Power, such as in a raid, you can see what they are buffing so everyone can coordinate and not duplicate the same buff. If you allow it, you can let others in the group with Pally Power set your buffs. This is nice if in a raid and one Pally decides all the Pally buffs. He/She can set everyones from the same GUI and for the rest of the raid it's just a matter of refreshing when needed.

It doesn't cover spells like Hand of Freedom, Hand of Protection, or Hand of Salvation, but those are more situational spells that buffs in my mind. Hot key those and use as needed.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I have not tried smartbuff before, and will check it out.

I was really interested in PallyPower, but for some reason when I loaded the addon many of my skills showed a black box instead of the graphic for that buff/ability.

Not sure if that is because of the 3.3 release, but I can take that to the pally power devs.

thx,

-Wachu

Comment

Healbot Continued

Originally posted by wachuwamekil View Post
          Thanks for the replies.
          -Wachu
          Personally, I'm a fan of Healbot Continued. In essence it can handle any heal, buff, debuff, or decurse that your class is capable of. It's auto-class specific when it loads with a good default configuration. I will say that the options and config can be a bit daunting as there is so much it's capable of. Don't give up on it too quickly though as it's, IMHO, well worth it. Here's a video showing some of the options.

I've been running my Ret Pally with guildies and it's awesome to have it configured so that I give the priest-wisdom, rogue-might, tank-kings, hunter-attack power, myself-seal of command, etc... all with the click of a button. Not to mention that when we're getting poisoned I can handle that with a mouse click too, in combat. It'll even cast redemption on a downed party member when out of combat just by clicking on their bar. You'll also get notification when buffs are about to expire (configurable).

I even use it on my mage to monitor and take care of curses quickly and easily. I'm a fanboy for sure but it's really helpful for all classes.

Thanks
          Last edited by devfrag; January 7, 2010, 03:03 PM. Reason: Better and more current video link

Comment

Working...
          X